• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

Athlai

Not Terrible
Anyway Williamson, Taylor and Crowe would be guaranteed selections along with Hadlee and Bond in all-time NZ ODI team. Guptill wouldn't be guaranteed as Nathan Astle might be selected to bowl 5 or 6 overs
Honestly don't think Astle is on our top 3 odi openers now

veganbob

U19 Captain
Anyway Williamson, Taylor and Crowe would be guaranteed selections along with Hadlee and Bond in all-time NZ ODI team. Guptill wouldn't be guaranteed as Nathan Astle might be selected to bowl 5 or 6 overs
Guppy is head and shoulders better than astle as an odi opener.

Agree the rest are auto selections.
As is chris cairns and vettori.

Id go

Mccullum (wk)
Guptill
Kane
Crowe (c)
Taylor
Styris (can bowl too, harris unlucky i guess)
Cairns
Hadlee
Vettori
Bond
Boult

Could open with crowe and put mccullum at 6/7 too ..

Flem274*

123/5
guptill, turner, kane, taylor, crowe my top 5 for the NZ XI

crowe at #5 to combat the reverse swing and because he's a good nurdler as well as stroke player
Honestly don't think Astle is on our top 3 odi openers now
are you counting baz as an opener in your team or?

Flem274*

123/5
i don't like the middle of our team. i don't like making our senior test opener learn to keep again and santa isn't free flowing or consistent enough for #7 imo.

i think we should be braver and look at chapman and phillips more before 2019

how experienced is phillips in the middle order?

smash84

The Tiger King
Guppy is head and shoulders better than astle as an odi opener.

Agree the rest are auto selections.
As is chris cairns and vettori.

Id go

Mccullum (wk)
Guptill
Kane
Crowe (c)
Taylor
Styris (can bowl too, harris unlucky i guess)
Cairns
Hadlee
Vettori
Bond
Boult

Could open with crowe and put mccullum at 6/7 too ..
i'd love to fit in roger twose in that side somehow, of course he wouldn't belong but the guy always had me rooting for NZ

Last edited:

veganbob

U19 Captain
i don't like the middle of our team. i don't like making our senior test opener learn to keep again and santa isn't free flowing or consistent enough for #7 imo.

Yeah I don't like this middle /lower middle order either. Seems to lack firepower.

It really relies on Guppy or Ross being set and going smash crazy at the end.

Athlai

Not Terrible

CDG presumably comes back for Tastle soon. Bumps santner to 8 which is far better

Flem274*

123/5
Guptill
Phillips/Munro
Williamson
Taylor
Chapman
Phillips/Munro/allrounder
nicholls/allrounder
Santner
Bowler
Bowler
Boult

That's the template imo. So many uncertain gaps in this team. Southee bowling well in odis for the first time in years is a start.

Last edited: