• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

Mike5181

International Captain
I agree but it ruined his book, because he spent far too much time on things such as that and the Cairn's trial meaning there wasn't much substance or a build up of things and events throughout his career, or much personally about himself or his family.

The Ford review is actually a pretty good one and apt for the content that McCullum includes in his book, although if you want to see what life was like under Bracewell, Vettori, Greatbatch, Wright and Hesson in succession and also how uninspiring NZC is at the top table downwards around implementing positive change, it gives good insight into that.
I think I'd rather read that than Women's Day-esque stuff about how happy his family is and how many pets he has etc.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm quite surprised with the move to pick Sharjeel as the back up opener to be honest. Would have expected Shan Masood to be the back up guy..given they have already given him test matches and Sharjeel, despite impressing everyone in the country, hasn't really demonstrated any evidence that he is anything other than a wild slogger. But Arthur likes him for some reason.
Lol what? Sharjeel isn't a wild slogger. He plays proper cricket shots. Has the potential to play the Warner role for Australia. Much more potential than Masood.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Raval
Latham
KW
Taylor
Ronchi
Neesham
Watling
Craig (if fit)/Henry
Southee
Wagner
Boult

Is likely to be the team imo. Can't see Anderson as being fit for bowling in test matches at this stage. Although last test in Chch we played 4 seamers so Henry might get a go as well instead of a spinner assuming the pitch is similar. Just as long as that hack Bracewell doesnt get another go.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Given the fun the spinners had at the last plunket shield match at Hagley I very much doubt that NZ will go in without a spinner.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Woodcock
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Guptill
Neesham
Watling
Patel
Southee
Wagner
Boult

^ the future

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Woodcock
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Guptill
Neesham
Watling
Patel
Southee
Wagner
Boult

^ the future
nah

Woodcock
Raval
Williamson*
Nicholls
Munro
de Grandhomme
Ronchi+
Sodhi
Grobbelaar
Duffy
Arnel

Heard it here first

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Xuhaib, Niall, Smali, PEWS or anyone else willing to discuss the Pakistan test selection with me.

The Nawaz 5 bowlers experiment didn't really work wonders so far. He disappointed with his batting a little bit mainly because he is a batting allrounder originally and I expected more runs from him especially during the third test.

But he in the squad. So Babar Azam at 6 and 4 bowlers or Nawaz at 7 and 5 bowlers?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Azam should get a go at 6. Didn't he score 3 consecutive tons in the ODI series? Don't think Nawaz will be that useful on NZ pitches anyway.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I don't dispute that but the 4 bowler strategy caused them a fair bit of headache in England which is why the think tank decided to go with Nawaz.

Azhar Ali has now come out and said he can chip in with 10-12 overs in a day. He can get hammered though and Misbah wouldn't want that..he hates giving away runs

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've had a couple of batting collapses recently, even though they got away with the one in the first Test. Shoring up the batting should be a priority IMO.

Blocky

Banned
I'm dreading what your spinners will do to our batting line up considering the domestic results, we're giving Astle, Sodhi, Jeetan bag fulls of wickets... horrible.