• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

pup11

International Coach
Yeah i agree India and Pakistan are two evenly matched sides if at all India's batting might and Pakistan's bowling are slightly better than each other on paper, so we can expect to see an evenly contested series.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Was looking forward to seeing this series but Pakistan look an absolute ****house of a side at present. India should walk the ODI’s. Test could and hopefully will be more keenly contested though.
Isnt India a better Test side than it is an ODI side (Kumble, Jaffer, Dravid, Laxman).
Pakistan may not be a better test side than it is an ODI side (Kaneria, Butt?)

So if India wins ODIs (not entirely given, I think) wouldnt it make it more likely for India to win the test series too?

haroon510

International 12th Man
india has defiantly edge in bating and most importantly in wicket keeping.. more than half of the catches will be drop by Akmal.. there is no decent opening pair for pakistan.. pakistan is going to try five new pairs in five ODI matches.. instead of playing a pair consectively..

pakistan's fast bowling is good but india is going to make spin wickets for anil Kumble and murli Kartik..

so my prediction is india 2-0 in test matches and one day.. hard to tell who is going to win..

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think its pretty much certain that Pakistan will lose both the OD and Test series badly.Regardless of the strength of opponent, a team simply cannot be expected to win if it doesn't have a single reliable opener, a decent keeper & a match winning spinner.Pakistan team is all about a couple of world class middle order batsman and a couple of world class fast bowlers, unfortunately 4-5 guys cannot be expected to win a series for a team.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think its pretty much certain that Pakistan will lose both the OD and Test series badly.Regardless of the strength of opponent, a team simply cannot be expected to win if it doesn't have a single reliable opener, a decent keeper & a match winning spinner.Pakistan team is all about a couple of world class middle order batsman and a couple of world class fast bowlers, unfortunately 4-5 guys cannot be expected to win a series for a team.
A match winning spinner isn't that important TBH, unless your in India. Oh snap!

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Was looking forward to seeing this series but Pakistan look an absolute ****house of a side at present. India should walk the ODI’s. Test could and hopefully will be more keenly contested though.
You think so?? OD can go either way , as some good innings by players by Afridi/Nazir can win matches for the team, but such players cannot be expected to perform in a test series.Pakistan have just three decent batsmen in Younis/Yousuf and Malik in its test side, i expect nothing but absolute disaster in the test series

R_D

International Debutant
You think so?? OD can go either way , as some good innings by players by Afridi/Nazir can win matches for the team, but such players cannot be expected to perform in a test series.Pakistan have just three decent batsmen in Younis/Yousuf and Malik in its test side, i expect nothing but absolute disaster in the test series
You might find a new batting star in this series... Indian bowlers tend to have that effect ;)

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Make it 4-1 in OD's and 3-0 in test matches.

If India beat Pakistan 3-0 in test series then this will probably be a more sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter than a WC final win.

I hope Akmal shines with gloves for team India, Dravid needs Akmal's support badly, a couple of drop catches will boast Dravid's moral and he will be back to his best.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Make it 4-1 in OD's and 3-0 in test matches.

If India beat Pakistan 3-0 in test series then this will probably be a more sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter than a WC final win.

I hope Akmal shines with gloves for team India, Dravid needs Akmal's support badly, a couple of drop catches will boast Dravid's moral and he will be back to his best.
More like 3-2 or if Pak plays very poorly then 4-1 in ODs and 2-0 in tests.
Younis, Yousuf and some other will probably save one test for Pakistan

pup11

International Coach
I won't underestimate Pakistan's bowling attack in the test series, Akthar, Asif, Gul and Kaneria form a potent bowling attack so i think India would have to play really well to beat Pakistan 3-0.
Pakistan managed to produce very good results in both Odi and test series last time when they toured India and then they had a pretty average bowling attack.

jeevan

International 12th Man
In the tests, India has more bowling choices. (not necessarily better or good, just more)

- Play 4 bowlers or 5 (with Irfan, Kumble providing batting depth for 5 bowlers and Tendulkar&Ganguly providing stock bowling options for 4 bowlers).
- Play 2 seamers or three. Only Zaheer picks himself, and Pathan,RP,Sree duke it out.
Sreesanth had an indifferent test series in England but still OK results and would be the last pick (and for the pace and the right arm).
- Play one spinner or two. Kumble picks himself possibly. And we have worthy second choices in Kartik and Harbhajan (though we're playing Pakistan).

To think (on the batting sheet) that 8-9-10-11 can be Pathan-Kumble-Harbhajan-Zaheer. India has gone into tests with this kind of bowling combination, so not unthinkable but would be a huge bet on Pathan (and on Zaheer not having a bad day) to get 20 wickets.

atti

Cricket Spectator
India may have more bowling choices but their quality has to count for something. Pakistan is miles ahead in quality of bowlers.

It is their batting lineup that is worrisome.

jeevan

International 12th Man
India may have more bowling choices but their quality has to count for something. Pakistan is miles ahead in quality of bowlers.

It is their batting lineup that is worrisome.
Miles ahead??

Zaheer Khan's record in tests against Pakistan is probably similar to Akhtar's vs India.
Harbhajan's vs Pakistan probably compares well to Kaneria's vs India.

Asif is probably going to be better, but Sreesanth's performance in SA always leaves the possibility of a major surprise. May be a clown but is an OK test bowler.

But OTOH Kumble and Pathan have each very memorable expoits against Pakistan and they're both bowling reasonably OK right now.

Pakistan is a better bowling side on paper, but miles is hard to see.

JerseyGuy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Even though India is better Test side, a new capt. would add a new dimension to the series. First Test would be interesting to see how India do under new leadership.

Not having a full time coach is also going to make things difficult for the new capt.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
This series will definately be full of excitement. Akthar vs the Indian top-order as usual will be the highlight of this series..