• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
If your going to put Ganguly and Tendulkar in the top order, surely Tendulkar should be opening with either Ganguly or Sehwag. Tendulkar is arguably the best ODI opener of all time and he is still in good form (although, not his best form).
I'm not even sure if he should be playing atall, i would have personally gone for Raina rather than Sehwag.I think Asif is going to get Sehwag very early.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not even sure if he should be playing atall, i would have personally gone for Raina rather than Sehwag.I think Asif is going to get Sehwag very early.
Asif has shown a distinct inability to seam the white ball in dry subcontinental conditions. I feel that this may have been a contributing factor toward Sehwag's inclusion.

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Asif has shown a distinct inability to seam the white ball in dry subcontinental conditions. I feel that this may have been a contributing factor toward Sehwag's inclusion.
Well i hope that happens and Sehwag fires, because if he fires then we know that India will win for sure.

pup11

International Coach
Vengsarkar might think that Sehwag has done enough to make a comeback, but he hasn't done anything at the domestic level to ensure an international comeback, as far as Dravid is concerned lets be honest he had a bad series against Australia but he wasn't too bad against England so how fair was it on Dravid to be dropped (or rested) like this.
Its an open secret that Vengsarkar and Dravid don't see eye to eye, so i hope that's not a reason behind Dravid's omission from the team.

biased indian

International Coach
I massively fear for India in the ODIs. Just following the Challenger Trophy and India's recent ODIs, (besides Zaheer,) there are no moderately accurate pacers who bowl over 125kph and it is the reason they concede 300 so often.
i would say its not the speed but accuracy...

and for 125KM i am sure that Sree,Irfan and RP always bowls 135 Avg speed..may be irfan is bit slow but not less than 125

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man, the whole Ganguly/Tendulkar Vs Dravid seems to be more and more plausible now..... :(

Anyways, hope Dravid can have a good comeback. Honestly feel it would be better if we can have him for test matches alone, as the years seem to be taking a toll on him too and a fresh Dravid will always be a pretty invaluable asset for us in tests.

There are kinds of theories being floated around about his dropping though: some say it is a rotation policy, apparently the selectors want only 2 of the big 3 in the team at a time, and they have started with Dravid because he is the one in the worst nick of them all.... Another says he was taken out because Vengsarkar feels he doesn't add enough value to the side.... Quite confusing, tbh...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So much for Karthik not being to bat in one dayers, he hammers 114 runs in 91 balls in a chase and coming in at 22/2. This boy has cahracter and he has been showing it for quite some time. He definately deserves more chances.

Beleg

International Regular
I don't think I understand cricket anymore.

I guess BCCI just wants to follow the lead of PCB in throwing their best player out of the team.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
So much for Karthik not being to bat in one dayers, he hammers 114 runs in 91 balls in a chase and coming in at 22/2. This boy has cahracter and he has been showing it for quite some time. He definately deserves more chances.
Joginder Sharma, Ranadeb Bose and Yomahesh are not representative whatsoever of an international pace attack.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Joginder Sharma, Ranadeb Bose and Yomahesh are not representative whatsoever of an international pace attack.
so based on what exactly was Sehwag recalled?

And no, it is not the same as an international pace attack, but it is as close to a great attack as you can get at the moment in Indian domestic cricket...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
so based on what exactly was Sehwag recalled?
Nothing, it was a rubbish move. Had he scored consistantly against those bowlers though, it would have counted more because Sehwag has no trouble making the step up from level to level (shown by his similar List A average to his ODI average) and scores at domestic level are clearly just signs of his form.

Dinesh Karthik on the other hand seems to have trouble scoring quickly against international bowlers in 50 over games.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
And the point is ? And did I mention that He was in the same team as them and hence couldn't have scored against them ?

Dinesh has shown that he can score in international cricket, His failure in ODIs has more to do with his adjustment to the format than his troubles against International pace attack.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Dinesh has shown that he can score in international cricket, His failure in ODIs has more to do with his adjustment to the format than his troubles against International pace attack.
I disagree and feel the problem lies in scoring quickly without playing himself in against an international pace attack.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I disagree and feel the problem lies in scoring quickly without playing himself in against an international pace attack.
but au contraire, he has had a bit of success coming in at 5 or 6 in international cricket.

I think it is his constant shuffling in the batting order that has affected him more than any real lack of talent or ability. And of course, he is a much better keeper than Dhoni, esp. to the spinners...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was looking forward to seeing this series but Pakistan look an absolute ****house of a side at present. India should walk the ODI’s. Test could and hopefully will be more keenly contested though.

R_D

International Debutant
but au contraire, he has had a bit of success coming in at 5 or 6 in international cricket.

I think it is his constant shuffling in the batting order that has affected him more than any real lack of talent or ability. And of course, he is a much better keeper than Dhoni, esp. to the spinners...
Yeah i agree with this post.
He'll get a good 40 or 50 coming in at 5th or 6th and next match they'll bring him out one down and he fails there than back out to 6th again. Thats happend too many times. How about getting a set batting order for everybatsman. At the moment looks like only Sachin and Ganguly have a set batting order and rest are shuffled like pack of cards. No wonder Sachin and Ganguly probaly have been out best ODI players for last 2 series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:huh: Pakistan didn't play that poorly against South Africa. They were up 2-1 in the series, after all. Also did a decent job for 75% (give or take) of the final ODI. Yes, there are many areas to be improved, but India is definitely not that much better of a side, if at all better. India just lost to England and Australia, showcasing some shocking fielding at times and some mediocre bowling too. I really don't see why India is expected to walk over Pakistan on that evidence.

Besides, both teams elevate themselves for India-Pakistan contests.