• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll be sure to use that in future. CW has a few buzzwords and powerful smileys that I am only getting aware of now:

As far as I am aware, doing this: 8-), is the equivalent of setting fire to one's house. I would have never guessed that before.
Not quite. :p But it's something best to use sparingly, indeed - it's basically equivalent to saying "that was a totally stupid comment".

As for chucking the word into dialogue (no, I won't apologise for that pun) - I'd argue that that applies anywhere TBH, including places where emotiocons have never yet found their way. CW does enjoy a higher calibre of discussion than elsewhere, mind, so there'll be more people willing to jump on errors than there are in the rabble places like CricInfo blogs.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Not quite. :p But it's something best to use sparingly, indeed - it's basically equivalent to saying "that was a totally stupid comment".

As for chucking the word into dialogue (no, I won't apologise for that pun) - I'd argue that that applies anywhere TBH, including places where emotiocons have never yet found their way. CW does enjoy a higher calibre of discussion elsewhere, mind, so there'll be more people willing to jump on errors than there are in the rabble places like CricInfo blogs.
Ok.

I am a member on an Indian cricket forum and a member has said that a news channel are reporting Asif out for the whole ODI series with a serious elbow injury.

atti

Cricket Spectator
A lot of Pakistani's genetically have hyperextension in their joints - which BTW, as you get on in years, can lead to gout, arthritis, etc. Shoab Akhtar is an example of extreme hyperextension...but alot of the players, incl. Sh. Malik, Asif....even batsmen who were called 'wristy' such as Saeed Anwar, have hyperextensive joints. As athletes, it is probably very damaging to their bodies, because their joints cannot provide the normal amount of resistance for activities, which is why the wear and tear is manifold.

Anyway, this is probably why their actions seem illegal and appear as 'chucked' deliveries. But upon tests under clinical conditions they are mostly cleared.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
A lot of Pakistani's genetically have hyperextension in their joints - which BTW, as you get on in years, can lead to gout, arthritis, etc. Shoab Akhtar is an example of extreme hyperextension...but alot of the players, incl. Sh. Malik, Asif....even batsmen who were called 'wristy' such as Saeed Anwar, have hyperextensive joints. As athletes, it is probably very damaging to their bodies, because their joints cannot provide the normal amount of resistance for activities, which is why the wear and tear is manifold.
Interesting. I did not know that Asif had hyperextention.

I do know that RP Singh has it though, it is one of the main reasons for his 'surprising pace'.

Here is a video relevant to the topic at hand.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
India may have more bowling choices but their quality has to count for something. Pakistan is miles ahead in quality of bowlers.

It is their batting lineup that is worrisome.
Are you still stuck in 90s ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Anyway, this is probably why their actions seem illegal and appear as 'chucked' deliveries. But upon tests under clinical conditions they are mostly cleared.
Fascinating. I had heard this description - I believe it was from Mahinda - about Lankans before, but never Pakistanis.

Would explain a lot.

Craig

World Traveller
Just found out that this is on Setanta Sport. And we now get that with the cable package, so that is a winner for mine. Not sure with Foxtel as I have Austar, but they are pretty much the same thing so I would assume so.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nah, two bowlers is still better than one and a half I reckon.
Khan 1
RP Singh .75
Sreesanth .6

2.35 > 2

India still winning I believe. And all jokes aside Sreesanth has a lot of potential to be a very talented bowler, Singh is a hard worker and Khan is finally looking really comfortable in the team.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, two bowlers is still better than one and a half I reckon.
And Obviously bowling only includes fast bowlers, isn't it ? Ever thought of Anil Kumble and Dinesh Kaneria ?

Not Saying Indian bowling is better but saying that Pakistani bowling is 'miles ahead' is taking it too far.

Last edited: