• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No no no no no! I meant Sehwag should replace Karthik in ODIs, not Tests of course.
It's a :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: (yes, triple) case that Karthik (Dinesh) has played as many ODIs as he has already.

There must be 10 or so better bets as ODI batsmen, at least.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
why 2 games !!!!

in all probability he and kumble might play the first game..with few left handers in pak line up these days
Haha yeah.

TBF, he's one who's always mystified me, Kartik (Murali). There's always been something in him I've thought, yet every time he's played I've never expected him to offer much threat and often expected him to get spanked, and mostly it's happened exactly like that.

I sometimes worry about a spinner who's prepared to say he hates playing on a turning track (seems to demonstrate extreme mental fragility - just because he's been smashed on turning tracks several times he revolts his main weapon) too.

Either way - one single ODI of good performance is usually enough in India to get you a Test place, isn't it?

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Haha yeah.

TBF, he's one who's always mystified me, Kartik (Murali). There's always been something in him I've thought, yet every time he's played I've never expected him to offer much threat and often expected him to get spanked, and mostly it's happened exactly like that.

I sometimes worry about a spinner who's prepared to say he hates playing on a turning track (seems to demonstrate extreme mental fragility - just because he's been smashed on turning tracks several times he revolts his main weapon) too.

Either way - one single ODI of good performance is usually enough in India to get you a Test place, isn't it?
Yes Richard. You are right! We have seen many instances of that in past

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It's a :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: (yes, triple) case that Karthik (Dinesh) has played as many ODIs as he has already.

There must be 10 or so better bets as ODI batsmen, at least.
But in India once you are branded good with the media backing the 'brand' you are good enough for anything.....until the media brands you as bad and then you are good for nothing.

Unfortunately, the majority of the fans watch TV news and read the newspaper columns of doubtful pedigree to make up their minds and they too havebacked him Now they (the fans) are in a bit of a quandry I think and are anxiously waiting for the media to place Karthik in the bad group :dry:

haroon510

International 12th Man
And exactly what has changed since last time India-Pak met, well apart from Ms. Bhutto returning to Pakistan ?
the sucide bombing dissappointed me.. as long as they (both team's players) are safe and other people around them are safe...it doesn't mater who lose and who win the game... it is just a game

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
the sucide bombing dissappointed me.. as long as they (both team's players) are safe and other people around them are safe...it doesn't mater who lose and who win the game... it is just a game
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up Good Man. Totally agree with your thoughts.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Very confident India will win the tests. ODIs could go either way.

I'll go:

TESTS: 2-0 India
ODIs: 3-2 Pakistan.

pasag

RTDAS
Tests - India 1-0
ODIs - Pakistan 3-2

The ODIs can go either way really, but India should win the Tests and a thrashing or two might be on the cards unless Yousuf and Younis can hold up Pakistan. I'm tipping they'll both perform though, should be an interesting tour.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i would like to see the fallowing commentaters for this tour

sanjay manjerkar
tony Graig
waqar younis
rameez raja
Ian Chappal

no ravi shaster, sunil gavasker and harsha boglee

R_D

International Debutant

sanjay manjerkar
tony Graig
waqar younis
rameez raja
Ian Chappal

I agree no Sunil Gavaskar thank you.... but Waqar and Rameez over Harsha and Ravi.... what a joke.

adharcric

International Coach
ODIs: Tie 2-2
Tests: India 2-0

Obviously, the selection will depend on the Challenger Trophy. For now ...

Dhoni (c), Yuvraj (vc), Sourav, Sachin, Dravid, Uthappa, Gambhir, Sharma, Badrinath, Bhajji, Kartik, Zaheer, RPS, Irfan, Sreesanth/Yusuf/Praveen

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
ODIs: Tie 2-2
Tests: India 2-0

Obviously, the selection will depend on the Challenger Trophy. For now ...

Dhoni (c), Yuvraj (vc), Sourav, Sachin, Dravid, Uthappa, Gambhir, Sharma, Badrinath, Bhajji, Kartik, Zaheer, RPS, Irfan, Sreesanth/Yusuf/Praveen
That looks a good team but i am not sure which Sharma you are talking about. IMHO, Sreesanth should be in there for sure. I would be inclined to include Joginder Sharma rather than Rohit Sharma.

adharcric

International Coach
That looks a good team but i am not sure which Sharma you are talking about. IMHO, Sreesanth should be in there for sure. I would be inclined to include Joginder Sharma rather than Rohit Sharma.
By Sharma, I meant Rohit Sharma. On second thought, that team already has enough batting options - you could leave him out although he hasn't done anything to deserve it (and he hadn't really done enough to deserve getting picked ahead of Badrinath either, but that's that). Joginder Sharma seems largely harmless with the ball and Praveen Kumar could be just as good, if not a better option. Both will be on display in the Challenger Trophy, alongside another all-round option: Yusuf Pathan. Sreesanth seems to have tempered down a bit but he shouldn't be in the squad if he's going to keep spraying it around.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
My dream come true for this series would be Sreesanth and Sachin (two most regularly bashed Indian players on PakPassion) destroying Pakistan :p.
Is there any forum in the world where Sreesanth isn't bashed? The way the guy is heading he fast destroying himself, rather than destroying opponents.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think India will be slight fav for test matches as their batting is slightly stronger than Pakistan, but mostly because they have a quality spin attack as compared to Pakistan who doesn't have a single match winning spinner (Kaneria is highly overrated).

The key individuals for India will most probably be Karthick(left arm spinner),Kumble (Zaheer and Santh can also provide good support to spinners), Karthick(wk batsman), tendulkar and Dravid.

For Pakistan, it will all depend on the fitness of Asif and Akhtar, if they don't fire than Pakistan woldn't win a single test match.I think Younis,Yousuf, Malik and Butt will do well in batting.

No fav for Onedayers, however i would say India might have an edge coz Pakistan currently is the worst fielding side in the world.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
I agree no Sunil Gavaskar thank you.... but Waqar and Rameez over Harsha and Ravi.... what a joke.
I like Rammez's commentary, would certainly love to see him do that.Gavaskar is a legendary opener, would love to see him commenting on the likes of Nazir and Hafeez:laugh: .

Waqar Younis is the worst commentator ever.

biased indian

International Coach

sanjay manjerkar
tony Graig
waqar younis
rameez raja
Ian Chappal

For us in india who dont have Neo sports.....it will be a

joke commentry team hi hi hi hi...a lot of bull **** hindi commentators :@ :@ :@