• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
Oh come off it. Go on, what lesson was Cook supposed to learn to avoid chopping a wide delivery on?

Imagine having someone attribute all your mistakes to arrogance or stupidity. You'd be ****ing livid.

If they're arrogant or stupid why were they 200/1 and 200/2 in the last two matches? Why is that the same old story as what's happening here? My guess is that they played better in those innings.

Constructing more narratives in what you see doesn't make you more observant.
Cool, let's pretend Root doesn't have an issue outside off stump against Left armers (which he corrected perfectly at Old Trafford, only to forget the leave is a great option again here). Let's pretend our opener doesn't average 25 and our number 4 doesn't average less than 20. All is well. No criticism or critique allowed, only good thoughts and positivity allowed.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Cool, let's pretend Root doesn't have an issue outside off stump against Left armers (which he corrected perfectly at Old Trafford, only to forget the leave is a great option again here). Let's pretend our opener doesn't average 25 and our number 4 doesn't average less than 20. All is well. No criticism or critique allowed, only good thoughts and positivity allowed.
No worries, England bats so deep none of that matters still getting to 350+....

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It is. And not one of them actually know how to bowl with the new ball and how to sustain pressure.
Amir's the exception I suppose, he's been much steadier. It's actually kind of worked out for the team since every incoming bowler has started brilliantly. If Yasir Shah can get into the game you'll have a great chance to back it up this time.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England should bowl first when they win the toss at home. They have recent history of destroying teams for <150 a.o (both against India and Australia on their previous visits) and then making the same track look flat, when they get to bat after the sun starts shining towards the end of day 1. Visiting teams generally struggle to cope with overhead conditions on day 1, and the game is all but over in a couple of sessions.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why do I feel that even if England do get bowled out for <250, they'll still manage a 80-100+ first innings lead.

91Jmay

International Coach
Run rate is a big positive. If we can keep that up, we should get to 300 before we are bowled out. Just hope the pitch keeps a bit of life in it and isn't like normal Oval.

Pakistan bowled some great balls to be fair, some dross as well but that is the kind of attack they are it seems.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Time for Bell-Drummond and either Duckett or Borthwick. Hales has had longer then all his predecessors who failed and Vince has had 2 series now and hasn't looked like he can make it at this level.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Why do I feel that even if England do get bowled out for <250, they'll still manage a 80-100+ first innings lead.
Don't think so, day 2-3 is probably the best time to bat. Would say we need to be batting at least a bit tomorrow.

I do find myself holding on to the idea that either Anderson or Broad is 'due' to run through them at some point. It feels like that should happen once every home series.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It could very well be true..but do note that a lot of experts had said the same thing at the end of Day 1 during the third test including Ballance and Boycott.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't get why England fans get so worked up when the top order falters. The main batting line up starts now with Bairstow. 300+ easily on the cards.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So Botham now having a go at Cook for opting to bat first. I am pretty sure had he bowled first, and Pakistan were 50/0 at lunch, he would have criticised Cook for not having the 'courage' to bat first on a win the toss bat first pitch at Oval and would most definitely have cited Oval 2015 against England.