• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2021 (white ball)

Aritro

International Regular
No, I meant Dwayne Leverock. Here's his moment of fame from the 2007 WC.
No I get that, I'm just saying the Antiguan Underwood is bigger than junior Moin.

Rahkeem is a beast of a bloke, but he's more "Little John" big rather than "Billy Bunter" portly like Azam.
He's a bit of both I think, but I don't want to lead a discussion on who's more of a fat ****. I'm pretty bereft of standards, but even so, this is poor form.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
gonna be very annoyed with the Much Vaunted Top Order if they somehow stuff this up
Jos batting like he's never held a bat before currently.

Ah, Abdul Qadir's issue coming on. Leggie, obvz.

Doesn't look quite of his old man's quality so far. Rolling it out rather than fizzing it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Another horrible shot and another one gone. They don't seem to have any sort of strategy when it's turning, beyond ugly swipes.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Malan playing himself out of this team, pretty sure other teams will see he struggles with spin. Decent start from Presume.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Malan playing himself out of this team, pretty sure other teams will see he struggles with spin. Decent start from Presume.
Especially given the location of the WC. Not quite such a good second delivery for Livingstone, but he middled one more than most of the others between them. Oh, and now Morgan's gone. I do wonder whether we actually want to win this one.

EDIT
And there we have it. Well done Chris.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Great little game in the end.

Took it closer than they really had any right to, did Pakistan.
On the other hand, I suspect that batting first was a big advantage on this track. Despite mostly batting horribly, England will probably be pleased with this one. Whether we should be playing four guys who prefer to open is debateable, and it looks like Malan will make way for Stokes if the latter is fit enough to play in all three formats.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
On the other hand, I suspect that batting first was a big advantage on this track. Despite mostly batting horribly, England will probably be pleased with this one. Whether we should be playing four guys who prefer to open is debateable, and it looks like Malan will make way for Stokes if the latter is fit enough to play in all three formats.
Possibly, although T20 is comfortably Sir Benjamin's weakest.

I wouldn't rule out JE Root, given where the WC is due to be held. His offies potentially an option and all.

grecian

The best bats in t20 inevitably want to open or bat at 3. just the way of it.

Root would be in my side, don't think he's in Morgan's squad though.

My side would probably be

Roy
Bairstow
Ali
Root
Morgan
Livingstone
Stokes
Woakes
Willey
Archer
Rashid

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Possibly, although T20 is comfortably Sir Benjamin's weakest.

I wouldn't rule out JE Root, given where the WC is due to be held. His offies potentially an option and all.
All true. One tweak that I would make is swapping Livingstone and Moeen, assuming they'll both be playing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The best bats in t20 inevitably want to open or bat at 3. just the way of it.

Root would be in my side, don't think he's in Morgan's squad though.

My side would probably be

Roy
Bairstow
Ali
Root
Morgan
Livingstone
Stokes
Woakes
Willey
Archer
Rashid
Buttler?

grecian

****, I knew I'd forget someone obvious. Woakes can go. put Bairstow at 5.

BTW I see no problem with whacking Ali at 3, he won't use many balls and if it works he slaughters them. We have enough batting behind him, and he's a genuine bowling option.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
SCurran in for Willey is an upgrade.

You'd think Wood should find a place too but I've no idea whose place he'd take.

grecian

SCurran in for Willey is an upgrade.

You'd think Wood should find a place too but I've no idea whose place he'd take.
Wood Or Archer for me, as one at least will almost certainly be injured, it'll probably end up Carse.

I prefer Willey to S curran, but tbh i might prefer Topley to either.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
As long as they don't pick TCurran i'm happy

i halfway think half of Sam's good performances get attributed to him and half of Tom's bad performances go to Sam.

Livingstone is fine as a batting reserve but no need to pencil him in the first XI at this stage. If you want him to get international experience put him in the Test team which is crying out for an international standard bat.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
As long as they don't pick TCurran i'm happy

i halfway think half of Sam's good performances get attributed to him and half of Tom's bad performances go to Sam.

Livingstone is fine as a batting reserve but no need to pencil him in the first XI at this stage. If you want him to get international experience put him in the Test team which is crying out for an international standard bat.
Livingstone legit just hit the fastest T20I ton by an englishmen, and did it down the order, which is rare ASF. He's pencilled in