• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

vcs

That said, we can't be sure that Alam isn't a domestic bully/myth like Badrinath. He's easily the ugliest batsman I've watched.

aussie tragic

International Captain
The Fawad Alam legend grows after a quick google :)

'No Pakistani batsman ever from any era and of any class has a better first class average than Fawad’s 56.57'

'He recently became the second-fastest to complete 12,000 first class runs. The only batsman to do it quicker than him was the great Mohammad Hanif.'

Uppercut

That said, we can't be sure that Alam isn't a domestic bully/myth like Badrinath. He's easily the ugliest batsman I've watched.
Check out his test debut though: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...stan-2nd-test-pakistan-tour-of-sri-lanka-2009

Imagine playing that innings on debut, getting dropped 2 matches later, then not playing again for 11 years despite a FC average of 57. When I saw his record I thought he must have been involved in some kind of a scandal I didn't know about.

vcs

I don't know why he got dropped back then.. maybe he was a stand-in replacement for someone else back then. Wasn't following them very closely then. He's dominated their FC scene though and people have been calling for him to be given a chance for many years now.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it was in SA, we looked as good in the field as we had in years.

Back to the norm here, I guess.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Warren Beardsley had a 14 year gap from 1912 to 1926. There might be some NZers who played before and after ww2 with very big gaps too.

This might be the longest gap in terms of tests missed, though.
IIRC, John Traicos 22 years is the longest gap between tests. He played for South Africa before their apartheid ban and Zimbabwe upon their admission to Test status.

Uppercut

Broad and Anderson both look absolutely on it right from the start. When that happens in England it usually means <100ao.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Seems bizarre that England's attack is led by a 38 year old and 34 year old while 2 of Pakistan's attack are 17 and 20 and yet England's average age is a year and a half younger.

hazsa19

International Regular
Broad and Anderson both look absolutely on it right from the start. When that happens in England it usually means <100ao.
They’re playing it pretty well tbf. Will be interesting to see what happens when Woakes and Curran come on.

Woodster

International Captain
curran picked because he is the better bowler in england.
My point was that wasn’t Root’s initial explanation it was about the fact he gives us better batting depth. If he said that Curran gives them the best chance of taking 20 wickets on this pitch and in this Test match, then that would have been more acceptable.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That wicket should cheer Jimmy up a bit, and hopefully we've got our mandatory drop out of our system. fwiw I'm happy enough with the selection. Woakes should be a handful here.