• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Dear Fawad Alam

Please have a decent series with the bat for once.

Long time sympathiser
Andruid

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From crapinfo, tests only: Pakistan squad: Azhar Ali (c), Babar Azam, Abid Ali, Asad Shafiq, Faheem Ashraf, Fawad Alam, Imam-ul-Haq, Imran Khan Sr, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Naseem Shah, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wk), Shadab Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Shan Masood, Sohail Khan, Usman Shinwari, Wahab Riaz, Yasir Shah

FMD the bowling selections are retrograde. Imran? Sohail? Wahab? I know they're not blessed with riches, but that is pure Misbah.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh. They need to pick 6 batsmen and no 7/10 FC trundlers. Instead we're going to get a bunch of no rounders and innocuous medium pacers. Misbah loves playing favourites.

vcs

It's a mystery how Wahab keeps making it into squads, but surely they can't include him in the playing XI. I didn't even see his name in the Green vs. White practice match they have going on.

the big bambino

International Captain
Sure but Naseem, Afridi and Abbas are locks with Yasir for selection. So the others are just numbers. Wahab, Shinwari and Sohail aren't the worst bench players either.

vcs

He shouldn't even be in the squad TBF, thought he retired from Test cricket some time last year. Is he playing FC cricket?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Who is the #6 they will select with Harris out? That is the only question with their selection AFAIC.

Gonna bet somehow Imam makes it and opens and they push everyone down by 1

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ever since Misbah I've actually taken a liking to the 'randomly bring back a guy in his mid 30s' selection. That said I did have to double check that this was the same Sohail Khan and not a new player I'd not heard of with the same name, which would've been much more understandable. He did take a five-for in their warm up game, to be fair. And Wahab Riaz has always done pretty well against England.

Imran Khan is a bit harder to justify, especially since he can't bat and they'll presumably have Abbas and new kid Naseem vying for no.11.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
He shouldn't even be in the squad TBF, thought he retired from Test cricket some time last year. Is he playing FC cricket?
An article said he effectively took an indefinite break from cricket and made himself available just recently.

Ever since Misbah I've actually taken a liking to the 'randomly bring back a guy in his mid 30s' selection. That said I did have to double check that this was the same Sohail Tanvir and not a new player I'd not heard of with the same name, which would've been much more understandable. He did take a five-for in their warm up game, to be fair. And Wahab Riaz has always done pretty well against England.
I think the bowling Sohail in the squad is Sohail Khan: 36 yo and who has had intermittent odi and test success.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who is the #6 they will select with Harris out? That is the only question with their selection AFAIC.
Daemons suggestion maybe? Someone posted on PP about Waqar mulling two spinners, which could mean any of Faheem at 7 with Bhatti, Shadab at 7, or both Shadab and Faheem.

None of those are options that should fill any Pakistan supporter with joy.