• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Bangladesh 2021 (T20Is and Tests)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Don’t know why we need to play Saif.

Yasir Ali slotted a bit low. Yasir at 6 and Liton at 7 would have been ideal

Aritro

International Regular
Mithun picked up 7-fer in Domestic. He’s knocking at the door
Yes I saw that. I don't mind him being picked as a bowling all rounder as long as they bat him at 8 or 9, which would represent a level of responsibility roughly proportional to his batting ability.

I didn't watch the early part of the innings, but it doesn't look like there's much in the pitch to trouble the batsmen. Pakistan were getting some value out of the harder ball from what I saw around the 20 over mark before it was smoother sailing. The inexperienced guys just had to stick it out.

Aritro

International Regular
There is definitely turn in this pitch
Very slow turn at this stage though, the sort you can wait on. Hopefully, for the sake of this match as a spectacle, it gets skiddier. It was a good toss to win anyway. Shame we wasted the batting-first advantage.

Aritro

International Regular
Now Liton needs to carry on. This is the time he gets out mostly
I have a feeling this happens to our batsmen due to non-elite fitness levels and, very often, too many cigarettes.

With elite fitness, being out there for a hundred balls means you're seeing it well and can more easily accumulate runs for the next hundred balls. With inadequate fitness levels, it means you're already knackered and heading towards the end of your innings.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I have a feeling this happens to our batsmen due to non-elite fitness levels and, very often, too many cigarettes.

With elite fitness, being out there for a hundred balls means you're seeing it well and can more easily accumulate runs for the next hundred balls. With inadequate fitness levels, it means you're already knackered and heading towards the end of your innings.
Also not to mention the feeling of being satisfied already

Aritro

International Regular
No idea about radio, but you can listen to the much beloved Deshi television commentators on the Youtube stream!