• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Bangladesh 2021 (T20Is and Tests)

Aritro

International Regular
Naumann Ali has been fantastic FWIW. He's toiled away bowling an awkward length with no help from the slow pitch.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan bowled a bit short entire day except Nauman Ali. I think it’s more than 75% of the deliveries bowled short by pacers. And Sajid atleast bowled one short in his every over.

Aritro

International Regular
Pakistan bowled a bit short entire day except Nauman Ali. I think it’s more than 75% of the deliveries bowled short by pacers. And Sajid atleast bowled one short in his every over.
Yeah Sajid really got it wrong. Not sure what you can really do with the pitch offering little but it did feel like Babar let the game drift a bit. Rotating his bowlers a bit more might have helped.

It feels like the pitch has flattened out a bit as well. Had a look at the dismissals from the morning and the ball was zipping around a lot more. I'd assumed that it was due to the hard ball, but based on what we just saw of the 5 new ball overs before stumps, I'm wondering if it might have been some extra juice in the pitch as well which has just dried out.

Looking forward to having a look at Yasir Ali when he comes in. Do you know anything about him?

We could have made a game of this but Ebadot being in the side is a pretty significant handicap.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Sajid really got it wrong. Not sure what you can really do with the pitch offering little but it did feel like Babar let the game drift a bit. Rotating his bowlers a bit more might have helped.

It feels like the pitch has flattened out a bit as well. Had a look at the dismissals from the morning and the ball was zipping around a lot more. I'd assumed that it was due to the hard ball, but based on what we just saw of the 5 new ball overs before stumps, I'm wondering if it might have been some extra juice in the pitch as well which has just dried out.

Looking forward to having a look at Yasir Ali when he comes in. Do you know anything about him?

We could have made a game of this but Ebadot being in the side is a pretty significant handicap.
Yasir Ali is a veteran in first class. I think his average is over 50 in the format. He’s been in and out of the squad many times before but never was picked in the playing XI until today.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wow sounds like both Pak and India had a crap day and both their opponents defied expectations and played brilliantly. Good to see Bangers do well in tests tbh. Its still their best format for whatever reason. Maybe they are better in ODIs perhaps?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daddy Fawad on this slow pitch is a tasty prospect tbh. Probably jinxed him now. Great fightback from Bangers, meh bowling.

smash84

The Tiger King
so last time I had looked at the score in the middle of the night was bangers at 49/4........WTH happened :blink:

well played bangers

Aritro

International Regular
Yasir Ali got the swag
Bit worrying to see him struggling with a couple of balls jagging back off the seam. Good deliveries no doubt, but if he's that susceptible, every team is going to target it. We'll see.

I wouldn't mind them just fast-tracking Afif into the side, no matter what he's done in FC cricket.