• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Bangladesh 2015

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My guess is Mahmadullah doesn't enjoy bowling, or wants to do less of it to focus on his batting.
Historically the opposite has been true -- he saw himself as an allrounder, didn't want to bat in the top order and coveted Shakib's role instead. The amount he bowls in domestic cricket, especially when he's captain, backs this up.

Maybe his ODI success at 3/4 has changed his mind a bit.

cnerd123

likes this
Historically the opposite has been true -- he saw himself as an allrounder, didn't want to bat in the top order and coveted Shakib's role instead. The amount he bowls in domestic cricket, especially when he's captain, backs this up.

Maybe his ODI success at 3/4 has changed his mind a bit.
Initially he was selected to bat at 7/8 in Tests too wasn't he? Basically what Hom is doing now. But then he could barely get a bowl.

Now I think he's just decided to focus on his batting.

cnerd123

likes this
They should rest him from some limited overs stuff if they're serious about tests at all.
Nah, should be the other way around while he's young. He could very easily breakdown in a Test with the sort of workload we are seeing here. Limited overs is the best place for him to hone his skills.

Once he's fitter, more secure in his action and his ability to land the ball where he wants to, he can start being groomed for Tests. Same for Abul Hasan.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'm convinced Mominul can't play pace bowling. Unless he finds a way and rectify this, he's not going to survive. Only a beast playing spin. Opposition worked out his weakness.

About time Hom does something with the bat.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting pretty ****ing annoying to see a new post and click on the thread only for it to be a kabir score update.

Though tbf I'm sure many feel the same when I post

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Azhar and Asad have been in the team for a while now so it's good to see that they are responding as a result of stability and experience. Good replacements for Misbah and Younis.

This is what the PCB should have done with Ukmal by giving him more stability.

smash84

The Tiger King
wait till azhar and asad perform against a marginally decent opposition at test level. Let's not start waxing lyrical about them just yet

Niall

International Coach
smalishah84;3468194[B said:
wait till azhar and asad perform against a marginally decent opposition at test level. Let's not start waxing lyrical about them just yet
They have though and quite a bit over the years.

Last edited: