• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching the highlights of Hobart 1999 and it's wonderful to see how far Pakistani fielding hasn't improved in the ensuing 17 years.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching these older highlights makes me despair at how easy it is for rubbish batsmen with modern bats to bash the ball over the field. You simply couldn't do that then.

Xuhaib

International Coach
its so unfortunate Misbah body could not hold for one more series Pakistan would have been much better in these twin down under tours if Misbah would have been leading from the front with the bat like he has done over the pat half a decade.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Also lol at the Pakpassion meltdown at the moment where people are calling Misbah and Younis selfish for not retiring 2-3 years earlier. Pakistan would have not its recent success without contributions from these two UAE or no UAE.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching the highlights of Hobart 1999 and it's wonderful to see how far Pakistani fielding hasn't improved in the ensuing 17 years.
I saw a bit of these highlights.........nearly fell off my chair when they put Pontings career stats up and he was averaging 38 in his 30th test. Had no idea his early career was so ordinary, checked statsguru and found he didn't get the average up to 50 until his 66th test.

vcs

Meh. I think this will be a draw then. Pakistan's batsmen are pretty resilient on the whole (albeit boring) and neither team will probably have enough time to take 20 wickets.

Burgey

I saw a bit of these highlights.........nearly fell off my chair when they put Pontings career stats up and he was averaging 38 in his 30th test. Had no idea his early career was so ordinary, checked statsguru and found he didn't get the average up to 50 until his 66th test.
And I think that by his 100th he was averaging 60 odd.

vcs

He scored hundreds in both innings of a match thrice in a period of 3-4 months between late 2005 and early 2006! That's crazy.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
And I think that by his 100th he was averaging 60 odd.
His highest was 59.99 after his 106th test. No doubt at all that his peak years put him up as an ATG batsmen as they were dead set incredible.........but I do think the start and end of his career losses him a lot of points when comparing him to other batsmen in his tier.

vcs

TBH, I see Kohli going fairly similar to him Test-wise. If he can make his purple patch last as long as Ponting's did, Indian fans will be in for some treat..

Gob

International Coach
His highest was 59.99 after his 106th test. No doubt at all that his peak years put him up as an ATG batsmen as they were dead set incredible.........but I do think the start and end of his career losses him a lot of points when comparing him to other batsmen in his tier.
His start was fine tbh. His average got crashed after 01 but he was god enough up to that point and played number of great knocks in that early period. Think playing at six also ruined his numbers