• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Opening Match- England v New Zealand- October 5th, Ahmedabad

Archer6K

U19 12th Man
Guess that makes our top XI...

Conway
Ravindra
KW*
Mitchell
Latham+
Phillips
Chapman
Santner
Sodhi (Pace bowler if seam friendly)
Henry
Boult

Means we have to accept that 10 overs would need to be shared between Ravindra, Mitchell, Phillips (and Chapman?) but allows us to bat right down to 8, with a handy 9, 10 & 11.
Will Young deserves to start

loterry1994

International Debutant
Was Jason Roy injured or did he just get dropped?His opening partnership with Bairstow was dangerous over the years would have definitely had him over Brook. Also not having an in form Archer is a a big loss this time around for England as well don’t think he gets enough credit on how crucial he was to Englands 2019 win

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Young deserves to start
Not over Ravindra though who has just come off a 97 (off 70 balls) in the winning warm up against Pakistan followed by that hundred. To me the straight swap for Young and Ravindra is just the obvious solution when KW is back, especially considering the balance it provides with a few overs from Ravindra with the ball.

Yes Young can feel a little unlucky since he hasn't done a lot wrong (hasn't set the world on fire either) and was unlucky to be strangled down the leg-side on Friday but thems the breaks sometimes.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not over Ravindra though who has just come off a 97 (off 70 balls) in the winning warm up against Pakistan followed by that hundred. To me the straight swap for Young and Ravindra is just the obvious solution when KW is back, especially considering the balance it provides with a few overs from Ravindra with the ball.

Yes Young can feel a little unlucky since he hasn't done a lot wrong (hasn't set the world on fire either) and was unlucky to be strangled down the leg-side on Friday but thems the breaks sometimes.
Yeah...I get the 'Young doesn't deserve to miss' theme but I think if he's honest about it, he could tell himself that a number of starts he hasn't converted would've had that spot locked down. He didn't which leaves the spot open to superlative performance, which Rachin produced.