• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, FMD, 0 from 4 so far this week. Unbelievable. Will blame the jet lag, as opposed to my appalling tipping. FFS Penruff, do the right thing this evening.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 11

James90 3
Mister Wright 3
Ausage 2
ripper 2
alternative 2
morgieb 2
Brumby 2
vic_orthdox 2
NUFAN 1
Clapo 1
Burgey 1
Craig 0
blewy 0

First and second top scores for James and Mister Wright respectively. Craig with a shocker and nets a round of 0 for his troubles. Blewy hits his second missed round and will bow out with a third in round 12.

Overall

Ausage 48.3
NUFAN 47.2
ripper 45.2
Craig 43.2
James90 43.1
alternative 43.1
Clapo 42.3
Burgey 42.1
Mister Wright 40.2
morgieb 40.2
Brumby 39
vic_orthdox 38.1
blewy 37

Got my nose front again. James is the weeks big mover jumping 3 spots into 5th.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 12

Friday May 28
Dragons vs Eels
Wests Tigers vs Warriors

Saturday May 29
Sharks vs Broncos
Cowboys vs Sea Eagles

Sunday May 30
Storm vs Bulldogs
Rabbitohs vs Panthers

Monday May 31
Titans vs Roosters

ripper868

International Coach
Dragons vs Eels
Wests Tigers vs Warriors

Sharks vs Broncos
Cowboys vs Sea Eagles

Storm vs Bulldogs
Rabbitohs vs Panthers

Titans vs Roosters

Craig

World Traveller
Friday May 28
Dragons vs Eels
Wests Tigers vs Warriors

Saturday May 29
Sharks vs Broncos
Cowboys vs Sea Eagles

Sunday May 30
Storm vs Bulldogs
Rabbitohs vs Panthers

Monday May 31
Titans vs Roosters

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Round 12

Friday May 28
Dragons
Wests Tigers

Saturday May 29
Broncos
Sea Eagles

Sunday May 30
Storm
Rabbitohs

Monday May 31
Titans

howardj

International Coach
From all reports, she should be a bit of a wet weather slog fest tonight. The game is causing a bit of friction at our workplace. Three of our directors have flown down for the game, and the colleagues here are none too impressed, being as it is such a busy time of year!

I think it will be a great game tonight. Because the players are all so elite, Origins are very much won on the night rather than on paper - and that's what makes it so good. I think, being so wet, the kicking games of both teams will be crucial. Both teams are well served in that regard.

Qld by 4.

Burgey

All right, so tonight. Who reckons what?

I think NSW are a reasonable chance, especially given the weather. I think Qld will miss Price, Hannant and Smith in these conditions especially. Even so, they've got so much class that if NSW win, they'll just sneak it.

Conditions look like favouring the forwards who can put a bit of footwork on. Someone like Watmyth should do well, maybe Creagh as well. Am liking NSW having Ennis, Kimmorley, Lyon, Gidley and Hayne as general play kicking options at different times in the game. I think that might be really important.

Still think Qld should be favourites given the mercurial nature of so many of their players, but I think NSW a real shout this game, our selectors notwithstanding.

Will AWTHJ and say Qld by 4.

howardj

International Coach
Missing from last year - Hunt, Price, Hennant, Hodges, Johnson, Smith.

That's got to have a major impact.

While for NSW, I think they've picked a slightly better side than last year.

Therefore, not that you can go off last year really, I think NSW are in with a real shout.

morgieb

Friday May 28
Dragons vs Eels
Wests Tigers vs Warriors

Saturday May 29
Sharks vs Broncos
Cowboys vs Sea Eagles

Sunday May 30
Storm vs Bulldogs
Rabbitohs vs Panthers

Monday May 31
Titans vs Roosters

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe we're favorites. Reckon the wet will be something of an equaliser but I can't go past QLD as much as I want to. Heart NSW by 20, head QLD by 6.

howardj

International Coach
Conditions bring back memories of one of the great Origin games in 1991.

Wally v Geyer, and Mick O'Conner's touch line kick to win the game.

Bring back the mud bath conditions - you don't get that anymore with the great drainage systems.

Burgey

Was at that game when O'Connor kicked that goal. Honestly, it was ****ting down. Same with Dowling's catch off the cross bar in the mid-80s.

Both amazing games, both led to me catching the flu.

Amazing how people think those blokes in the old days hated each other. Generally it wasn't so. When Dowling caught that ball and scored, apparently Steve Roach looked at him straight away (he was defending nearby) and said "That's it mate, you're out of the ****ing front rower's union now!"

The other abiding memory I have of wet origin games was when it was absolutely a mud heap down here one time and Gommersall was ref-ing. Qld had a goal line drop out, one of the players said "Hey Grasshopper, look over ther". As he did, Lewis punted, as opposed to drop kicked, the ball about 45 metres. Epic,

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Friday May 28
Dragons vs Eels
Wests Tigers vs Warriors

Saturday May 29
Sharks vs Broncos
Cowboys vs Sea Eagles

Sunday May 30
Storm vs Bulldogs
Rabbitohs vs Panthers

Monday May 31