• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

howardj

International Coach
Agree. If the status quo (i.e. the current score) is going to be changed, then you must have a conclusive case. For instance, in cricket the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt. For a try to be awarded, you should need to have a conclusive case, otherwise the status quo prevails.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought they were both tries. At least I thought theyd both be given. Watching Winterstein's live straight away I thought no try but on replay it was obvious it was gonna be given considering what we have seen so far this year, right or wrong they have been pretty consistent. Except Justin Carney's one against Parramatta.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lots of people have been trying to justify the Winterstein try by saying it's consistent and that he had a fingernail on it etc etc, but I actually don't think his hand/finger/fingernail was even close to being on the ball when it hit the ground. New separation interpretation or not, he knocked the ball on.

Burgey

Agree. If the status quo (i.e. the current score) is going to be changed, then you must have a conclusive case. For instance, in cricket the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt. For a try to be awarded, you should need to have a conclusive case, otherwise the status quo prevails.
Thought they were both tries. At least I thought theyd both be given. Watching Winterstein's live straight away I thought no try but on replay it was obvious it was gonna be given considering what we have seen so far this year, right or wrong they have been pretty consistent. Except Justin Carney's one against Parramatta.
Lots of people have been trying to justify the Winterstein try by saying it's consistent and that he had a fingernail on it etc etc, but I actually don't think his hand/finger/fingernail was even close to being on the ball when it hit the ground. New separation interpretation or not, he knocked the ball on.

LMAO as Hohaia gets over the line, spills it, gets his hand back on the ball as or before it hits the line, and is awarded no try.

No wonder people get the ****s with it all.

Simon

I wouldnt say "it wasnt even close", imo all things considered he didnt ground it and it shouldnt be a try but we have seen quite a few the same given.

Simon

Ouch, could be a season turning match for both teams, reckon it could really hurt the Roosters confidence while I think it will lift the Warriors now. They'll need to improve though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Panthers v Broncos
Titans v Raiders
Dragons v Knights
Rabbitohs v Sea Eagles
Sharks v Cowboys
Warriors v Roosters
Eels v Bulldogs
Wests Tigers v Storm

Got a feeling Knights will beat Dragons but still stayed on Dragons. :blink:
Really stupid watching the match saying I reckon Knights will get up and then throughout the match go for the Knights and then get the pick wrong for tipping.

Burgey

Slight hiccup for the Eels today, but no doubt the all-powerful juggernaut will be back on track next week :ph34r:.

****s will win the spoon this year. Arseholes - at least have a go you ****ers.

Simon

Sharks vs Eels will be a cringefest when they play. Not looking forward to it.