• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait. What? You're picking Campese at halfback?
Also how is Barrett a certainty for the 5/8 spot. He's had 1 game back, if NSW want to prepare for the future than hes not the answer. If they are only concerned about this year then they are picking Barrett and Kimmorley.
Also Campese was in the World Cup squad as the second 5/8 so hes entitled to think he should be first in line form pending.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Never said I agreed with it. Just reckon that what will happen. If the selectors had more faith in Kimmorley he would there as well. I don't think they will be looking to future at all. It never really happens for NSW. They always think about now and not the future.

Simon

*POP*

Did anyone else hear that bubble burst? Bad luck South Sydney, everyone's favourite March premiers.

Stoked I changed my tip now.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great game at Suncorp tonight. Brisbane's right side is so dangerous. :) Our defence was tremendous also. Thaiday had a big one.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lagi Setu, Jharal Yow Yeh, Andrew McCullough, Alex Glenn should not be a bench combination capable of beating the defending minor premiers.

Huge, absolutely huge effort by the Broncos in winning this match with that lineup. We really need to pick Ashton Sims or a similar player or your Thaiday's are just going to get exhausted at some point during the year.

Really good atmosphere at the ground tonight, loved the spirit our boys showed, Storm will struggle to make top 4 this year..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lagi Setu, Jharal Yow Yeh, Andrew McCullough, Alex Glenn should not be a bench combination capable of beating the defending minor premiers.

Huge, absolutely huge effort by the Broncos in winning this match with that lineup. We really need to pick Ashton Sims or a similar player or your Thaiday's are just going to get exhausted at some point during the year.

Really good atmosphere at the ground tonight, loved the spirit our boys showed, Storm will struggle to make top 4 this year..
I know what you're saying, but I really like our pack this season. It may not have the big names, but they certainly work hard. Taylor was impressive last night. His commitment to get back the ten was spectacular, you could see he wanted to put in 110% last night. McCullough also was very impressive, like the look of him.

Burgey

*POP*

Did anyone else hear that bubble burst? Bad luck South Sydney, everyone's favourite March premiers.

Stoked I changed my tip now.
Lmao at Souths. Where's the gladiator now? Hope he gave tehm the thumbs down. Sandow's an angry little arsehole isn't he? Played one good game and the **** struts around like he's the new Andrew Johns.

Our defence was great last night. Good attitude for a change. Galavauo's best game since 2003.

With that win we can settle comfortably into mid-table mediocrity.

howardj

International Coach
I think DAnderson is a good fit for Parra.

He'll put a rocket up em - unlike Michael slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket Hagan.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Broncos were very lucky, only able to score charity points in the second half. In fact they got all the breaks
add
- a 50-50 vid ref call going their way despite no clear knock on (think it was a no try just because it looked messy)
- A melbourne ball being taken off Quinn and given as a Bris pen (I think leading up to try) in first half, by a terrible vid ref decision
- but the knockon - forward pass - try to Wallace, was comical in the ineptitude of the refs.
[note - I'm no longer bitter, these things happen in sport]

Overall I thought both teams played well (apart from Melbournes poor ball handling late) or atleast entertainingly. I also thought that the line defence of both teams when under the pump (Melb most of first half, Bris last 20mins) was very good.

In the end a close game that could have gone either way between too teams that appeared evenly matched.

Oh, and whoever posted that Melb won't make top 4 is deluded. That would have to be the biggest certainty in Australian sport and will probably finish top again.

PS - thanks Ch9 for showing game in Vic last evening, about ****en time.

cheers

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh, and whoever posted that Melb won't make top 4 is deluded. That would have to be the biggest certainty in Australian sport and will probably finish top again.
8-) Stupid comment.

I can have this "sane" non deluded comment if I want. I follow Rugby League heaps and the squad that Melbourne has isn't that amazing, they are still decent though.

Sika Manu if he gets into form will help, but really their a number of players for the Storm who have an inflated reputation.

Losing Folau, Crocker, Smith, Geyer is going to hurt a lot more then the gains of Koopu, Hinchcliffe etc.