• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

luffy

International Captain
The Broncos? I doubt it, the forward pack is relatively weak.
No way, I'm expecting us to miss the 8. Backline is good, but the forwards are below par and the depth is worrying.
But, say if the Forwards do fire they will be strong. Like, they strong fowards in:

* Joel Clinton
* Corey Parker
* Ashton Sims (or has he left the club...?)
* David Stagg
* Sam Thaiday

It may not be their best forward back lately, but it's still really strong.

And if worse comes to worse, Falou would do an alright job in the back row.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But, say if the Forwards do fire they will be strong. Like, they strong fowards in:

* Joel Clinton
* Corey Parker
* Ashton Sims (or has he left the club...?)
* David Stagg
* Sam Thaiday

It may not be their best forward back lately, but it's still really strong.

And if worse comes to worse, Falou would do an alright job in the back row.
Id guess our starting pack will look like
8 Joel Clinton
9 Aaron Gorrell
10 Nick Kenny
11 Corey Parker
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Lagi Setu
One the bench
14 Ashton Sims
15 David Stagg
16 Ben Te'o

It's decent, but one of the poorest out of the so called top sides. Lockyer will keep us in and win plenty of games, but I see us finishing something around 6-10

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Brisbane to keep developing gun backs from the ranks and keep buying mediocre forwards.

Webcke, Civinoceva, Tallis and Thorn was too good to be true.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Lockyer on one leg>>>> Braith Anasta in career best form. That is all.
Never claimed anything otherwise at any stage. I never even mentioned the Roosters.

Typical League fan though, one of the main reasons I've slowed out of following league in recent years.

Craig

World Traveller
Never claimed anything otherwise at any stage. I never even mentioned the Roosters.

Typical League fan though, one of the main reasons I've slowed out of following league in recent years.
I find it hard to believe that AFL fans are no different? Correct me if I am wrong.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He was just trying to prove that when Anasta is in good form, which is quality, mind you, that Lockyear is still much better, which is pretty damn good.
No one (not even Anasta's mother) would claim otherwise, and it was a childish knee-jerk reaction to my post.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
How is it childish?
It's a playground reply. I never brought how good Lockyer was into it, let alone who I support or Braith. It's basically saying "yeah well whether he is injury prone and on his last legs doesn't matter because ur side sux".

It's a fine reply if I happened to make any mention in the slightest of Braith Anasta.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If they don't win the premiership this season, they'll have no excuses.

For sure they have the playing talent.
They got no depth, or atleast players with any experience. Reckon this season we might see the affect of Gold Coast getting half the youth the Broncos usually get. Will struggle this season if they have two or more injuries.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a playground reply. I never brought how good Lockyer was into it, let alone who I support or Braith. It's basically saying "yeah well whether he is injury prone and on his last legs doesn't matter because ur side sux".

It's a fine reply if I happened to make any mention in the slightest of Braith Anasta.
Naa fair call was childish on my behalf, I just love darren, I'm sorry.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They got no depth, or atleast players with any experience. Reckon this season we might see the affect of Gold Coast getting half the youth the Broncos usually get. Will struggle this season if they have two or more injuries.
As a Broncos fan this side on paper is the least confident I've ever been at a start of a season in memory.

It's just due to the forwards. Someone like a Nick Kenny is going to have to have a big season, likewise at least one of the newbies in Teo and Satu - Satu has potential, we'll miss TC a lot this year IMO.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Rodney was always average, can't see him playing anything but a bit part role for Manly. Given the money they are supposedly paying for Williams he will have to be somewhere in the mix. Would be disappointed for Robbo if he was moved to the centres, hes a good natural tryscorer playing on the wing, nothing else.
Robbo is likely to play centres in defense and on the wing in attack, if they go that way. There are some major questions over Williams' defense. Though I think it more the positional he gets caught out on the wing.

Would be happy if Rodney was just an average bench player, that will do. If you need him in the starting XI you going to be struggling.