• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
You're kidding if you're going to try and knock is performance. He was superb last night.
He played alright, far from man of the match though. Scored two tries with an open tryline, created by Thurston, Lockyer, and some great decoys. His kick returns were courageous, but seriously everytime he got hammered. So he never actually beat a man, something I've hardly seen him do over the course of his career. He is a good first grade fullback who has been given a favoured path because Wayne Bennett has wraps on him. Put any good fullback in that team last night and they would have looked good. And it further ticks me off when he gets given the man of match award and all this praise when he obviously doesn't deserve it. I've got nothing against the bloke, but it's unfair on the players who should be there ahead of him. Look at Inglis last night. That try down the sideline and the one that was disallowed (good work, Karmichael) oozed pure class. I can't see any way in the world that Hunt should be there ahead of Inglis.

Seriously, you cannot fault anything I said there. It'll take some bloody brilliant debating from yourself to cut me down. You know I'm right.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Channel 9 news has said that Jonah Lomu is in talks with the Gold Coast Titans. That would be a massive get. And could be a big gain for NZ international rugby league.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Channel 9 news has said that Jonah Lomu is in talks with the Gold Coast Titans. That would be a massive get. And could be a big gain for NZ international rugby league.
How much money do these SOB's have?? Seriously, do they have no Salary Cap...

Move over Roosters we have a new King of Rorting the system!!!

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
How much money do these SOB's have?? Seriously, do they have no Salary Cap...

Move over Roosters we have a new King of Rorting the system!!!
Their squad isn't that good. The majority of it is made up of fringe first-graders looking for an opportunity who wouldn't be paid that much.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Their squad isn't that good. The majority of it is made up of fringe first-graders looking for an opportunity who wouldn't be paid that much.
We've been over this argument so many times aleady..

Preston/Prince/Bailey/Webster/Laffranchi/Carney

Those guys are not fringe 1st graders... All have played Rep footy..

Prince Bailey and Preston commanded big dollars and i know for a fact that Laffranchi is not on a small sum...

They have then signed Rogers, Who from what i heard although isnt joining till 08, is actually being paid out of the 07 salary cap...

I cant wait till half way through season 07 and the Titans are found to be in breach of the salary cap, and then the NRL will let them off with a slap on the wrist...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
We've been over this argument so many times aleady..
You say this to shut me down yet you're the one who brought it up again then go on a rant. And if you're accusing the Titans of rorting, you might as well accuse the Broncos, the Dragons, and some other teams that have just as impressive lists. The Titans squad is very good, but not the best in the comp IMO.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
You say this to shut me down yet you're the one who brought it up again then go on a rant. And if you're accusing the Titans of rorting, you might as well accuse the Broncos, the Dragons, and some other teams that have just as impressive lists. The Titans squad is very good, but not the best in the comp IMO.
I didnt say anything to shut you down so pull your head out of your ***...

I was merely saying that people keep using the argument that they dont have that strong a side, BUT THEY DO!!! Those players mentioned call for BIG dollars no matter where they play and for them to all go their in season 1 is even bigger cause they would be asking for relocation money..

Understand what your talking about before running your mouth in future..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Lomu will be getting Rogers' money for 2007. I can't see them going over the Salary Cap. Unless they sign him to a two year deal and have both him and Rogers in the same team. As Burkey said their side is good, but there are better sides who would be closer to the salary cap.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:

I was merely saying that people keep using the argument that they dont have that strong a side, BUT THEY DO!!! Those players mentioned call for BIG dollars no matter where they play and for them to all go their in season 1 is even bigger cause they would be asking for relocation money..

:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Big get for League, even if it is about a decade late. IIRC Tonga named him in their initial squad for the 1995 League WC in anticipation of his defection before Union went "open".

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:

I dont think its worth getting this worked up over Blewy, Titans wont worry anyone next season and they'll be lucky to get half a dozen games out of Lomu...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
I dont think its worth getting this worked up over Blewy, Titans wont worry anyone next season and they'll be lucky to get half a dozen games out of Lomu...
Oh i hope they get the spoon... couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of tools.. (Apart from Franchi)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
NZ are a joke for selecting Nathan Fien and he is a joke for wanting to play for them.

Also is this thread being moved to the new sports forum, or being kept here.

luffy

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:
NZ are a joke for selecting Nathan Fien and he is a joke for wanting to play for them.

Also is this thread being moved to the new sports forum, or being kept here.
Isnt he an Australian??