• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand vs Pakistan 2022/23

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan ODI squad for New Zealand series: Babar Azam (capt), Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Haris Sohail, Imam-ul-Haq, Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Mohammad Wasim, Naseem Shah, Salman Agha, Shahnawaz Dahani, Shan Masood, Tayyab Tahir, Usama Mir

NZ ODI Squad:Tim Southee (c), Michael Bracewell, Tom Blundell (wk), Devon Conway, Matt Henry ( pull out on Jan 08), Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Ajaz Patel, Glenn Phillips, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Neil Wagner, Kane Williamson, Will Young

Above NZ team for pak ODI only.
Latham will lead NZ ODI team in india
Why is Ajaz in the odi squad over Santner?

FBU

International Debutant
Pakistan ODI squad for New Zealand series: Babar Azam (capt), Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Haris Sohail, Imam-ul-Haq, Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Mohammad Wasim, Naseem Shah, Salman Agha, Shahnawaz Dahani, Shan Masood, Tayyab Tahir, Usama Mir

NZ ODI Squad:Tim Southee (c), Michael Bracewell, Tom Blundell (wk), Devon Conway, Matt Henry ( pull out on Jan 08), Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Ajaz Patel, Glenn Phillips, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Neil Wagner, Kane Williamson, Will Young

Above NZ team for pak ODI only.
Latham will lead NZ ODI team in india
Neil Wagner :-O

Must be because of that 5fer he got against Auckland last month opening the bowling with Southee!!!!!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Lmao where did that squad come from?

This is the revised nzc squad with maximum Bracewell factor. DOUGEH

Kane Williamson (c) (Pakistan ODIs only)
Tom Latham (captain - India ODIs)
Finn Allen
Doug Bracewell
Michael Bracewell
Mark Chapman (India ODIs only)
Devon Conway
Jacob Duffy (India ODI’s only)
Lockie Ferguson
Daryl Mitchell
Henry Nicholls
Glenn Phillips
Mitchell Santner
Henry Shipley
Ish Sodhi
Tim Southee (Pakistan ODIs only)
Blair Tickner

Skyliner

International 12th Man
‘New Zealand fast bowler Matt Henry has been sidelined from the upcoming ODIs in Pakistan and India with an abdominal strain. He will return home with the other members of the Test squad who are not in the white-ball mix. New Zealand are yet to name a replacement for Henry.’

(Boult 'out of the picture' for England Tests - Stead
Stead reckoned that Trent Boult would not be part of New Zealand's squad for the two-match Test series at home against England in February.
"No, I wouldn't have thought so," Stead said. "I mean Trent and I have had discussions and I think his return from the UAE would only be a day or two immediately prior to that [start of England Tests]. I think from a workload perspective that's out of the picture.")

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lmao where did that squad come from?

This is the revised nzc squad with maximum Bracewell factor. DOUGEH

Kane Williamson (c) (Pakistan ODIs only)
Tom Latham (captain - India ODIs)
Finn Allen
Doug Bracewell
Michael Bracewell
Mark Chapman (India ODIs only)
Devon Conway
Jacob Duffy (India ODI’s only)
Lockie Ferguson
Daryl Mitchell
Henry Nicholls
Glenn Phillips
Mitchell Santner
Henry Shipley
Ish Sodhi
Tim Southee (Pakistan ODIs only)
Blair Tickner
Needs more Bracewells.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Okayed Correct team minus Ajaz

New Zealand Squad: Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson(c), Tom Latham(w), Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Blair Tickner, Lockie Ferguson, Ish Sodhi, Michael Bracewell, Henry Nicholls, Henry Shipley, Jacob Duffy

Pakistan Squad: Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Rizwan(w), Shan Masood, Agha Salman, Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Haris Rauf, Shahnawaz Dahani, Tayyab Tahir, Mohammad Hasnain, Naseem Shah, Usama Mir, Haris Sohail

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway that was a thrilling final day even if I could only follow from my phone.

Obviously it sucks that we were ahead in both test matches and were unable to register a match/series win, but I don't think our players could have done a whole heap more. Pitches were flat, bowlers put in the hard yards; Southee, Sodhi & Henry were good, Macewell & Wagner adequate while Ajaz was the only underperformer relative to expectations. Batting was also very good aside from Nicholls and Macewell who must come under pressure for their spots. If we're being harsh there were a few sessions where a little more #intent could have been shown, though as many posts noted you can't always just turn up the run rate without a lot of extra risk. Lastly Southee's captaincy seemed good and the final day showed the declaration timing was about right.

One extra daily reminder that we desperately need to bring on some more fast bowlers this home summer. Hope Shipley does debut tonight even though I'm not sure ODIs are his format.

On to the next WTC cycle!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One extra daily reminder that we desperately need to bring on some more fast bowlers this home summer. Hope Shipley does debut tonight even though I'm not sure ODIs are his format.

On to the next WTC cycle!
Agree, and depressing as it is that we are minus Henry, Milne, Jamieson & Boult, I actually quite like the cricinfo probable XI with Shipley debuting (and Please please no Tickner!)

New Zealand: (probable): 1 Finn Allen, 2 Devon Conway, 3 Kane Williamson (capt), 4 Daryl Mitchell, 5 Tom Latham (wk), 6 Glenn Phillips, 7 Michael Bracewell, 8 Ish Sodhi 9 Tim Southee, 10 Lockie Ferguson 11 Henry Shipley