• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand v India T20s & ODIs

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
That misfield by Santner last ball probably costing them Kiwis. Some amateur stuff from Indians too.. Could have pushed a bit in that over.
Will be first ever DLS tie among full members... And only third ever in T20 history lol

ashley bach

International Captain
Don't tell me that miss field off the last ball to concede the single plays a big role.
If NZ had won by one run, it would've felt like a very undeserved drawn series, but who seems to give two hoots anyway, that series immediately
following the world cup felt extremely hollow. Looking forward with a little more enthusiasm to the 50/50 and hope we see a couple of new names.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were a very warm fav at 1.45, mostly because they were ahead on the run rate and only required 7.7
They were a wicket away from the tail. Next guy in was Harshal Patel who, while to his credit can bat, isn’t going to take you home most of the time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They were a wicket away from the tail. Next guy in was Harshal Patel who, while to his credit can bat, isn’t going to take you home most of the time.
Yeah a longer tail than normal, especially in the context of needing to make actual runs and not just do so quickly. Harshal's much better than most tailenders at getting off strike and scoring quickly in general but he's also much less good at avoiding getting out than the average #7.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Only followed last night's match on my phone but seems like a fitting end to this odd little series. Focus moves to ODIs now and think our T20 side would benefit from a pause and then look to plug some gaps before the next big tournament. But no, turns out our schedule still has a ****load of T20Is over the next six months.

Homework for NZ's T20I team:
- Who are our next best fast bowler and spinner outside the core group?
- Can someone please have a great Super Smash finishing innings down at 5/6/7 with an eye to complementing or replacing Neesham? Neesham has been more miss than hit lately. I don't know who the genuine contenders are though. Would help if they could keep wicket too.
- Believe it or not M Bracewell should get more match play in T20s. Such a weird situation, NZ picking him for all formats based on a hunch and then only when he finally performs, he gets dropped.
- Allen mature just a little, plz.
- Chapman to get more chances to see if he can graduate to the top level like Mitchell and Phillips have.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Santner Sodhi Macewell Rippon and Rachin are all the spin options we need for a while in limited overs

jcas0167

International Debutant
- Can someone please have a great Super Smash finishing innings down at 5/6/7 with an eye to complementing or replacing Neesham? Neesham has been more miss than hit lately. I don't know who the genuine contenders are though. Would help if they could keep wicket too.
Sears/Duffy/Tickner/Lister (?)

Back up spinner - quite a few options
Ravindra/Rippon/Walker J/Pringle/Ashok/Ajaz

Clarkson/Shipley/N Smith

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Only followed last night's match on my phone but seems like a fitting end to this odd little series. Focus moves to ODIs now and think our T20 side would benefit from a pause and then look to plug some gaps before the next big tournament. But no, turns out our schedule still has a ****load of T20Is over the next six months.

- Believe it or not M Bracewell should get more match play in T20s. Such a weird situation, NZ picking him for all formats based on a hunch and then only when he finally performs, he gets dropped.
- Allen mature just a little, plz.
- Chapman to get more chances to see if he can graduate to the top level like Mitchell and Phillips have.
Yeah, pretty good points I reckon. Isn't it hilarious that we all bemoaned the presence of Macewell (me more so in Tests, but anyway) then he performed well and consistently, then he hasn't been seen since.

I agree on Neesham too, he's literally one dimensional at present. Isn't bowling, and seems to have the legside swat or pull as his only scoring options. India had done their homework perfectly last night, foot and a half outside off stump, make him drag it. To me, if he isn't bowling (and I still think he's a death option) and he's not doing anything other than the occasional 25 off 12, that spot needs to go to an all-rounder - maybe that is Bracewell.

Allen will get there, he now knows it isn't as easy as he might've briefly thought it was.

And yeah, I'm a Chapman fan. I reckon there's our #3 there if they don't want Mitchell to do it, or he's a 5. I might be jumping at shadows here but it looked like Conway was much more comfortable batting with Chapman than Kane.

If I'm going to watch our next T20I shoehorning series, I'm going to need new personnel and a somewhat new approach to winning games, or I'm just not interested. I can put up with it if I'm seeing the emergence of a guy like Finn, Sears, a Nathan Smith/Clarkson etc, or we change the way we play...but if you're going to keep wheeling out the same old faces, scoring at 6-7 runs in the powerplay then trying to play catch up, bowling the same 5 guys and bringing in Blair bloody Tickner when one is injured, I'll go and watch Stranger Things with the mrs.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If Neesham plays he needs to be a proper 5th bowler option or batting at 5 or above. He's proven to be a decent death bowler but sometimes he just gets one over at the death. I'd rather see Clarkson perform the 6th bowler/late over hitter role. Or a WK.

thundaboult

International Debutant
has clarkson ever even been on the national selectors radar? i have literally never heard of any personell or player in the national camp even mention him....not even a jammy stuff article

Howsie

International Captain
He’s been involved in winter camps down in Lincoln but yeah that’s about it. Should’ve been playing white ball cricket for New Zealand 2-3 seasons ago. Closest thing we have to a Joe Buttler in terms of hitting and he can’t sniff the team. Bit of a joke really