• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Duminy's bowling isn't really a thing anymore, since his last injury. He's not even good enough to play as the fifth bowler at the moment IMO, let alone the fourth. If Duminy's the fifth bowler then you're playing four bowlers.
Yeah, at this point I suppose Elgar can do only a slightly worse job than Duminy with the ball.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Dropping the captain for Duminy/Parnell. Interesting.
Technically AB is captain and if you look at the lineup it is/was (until this match) Faf and Duminy`s placers under threat. The unfortunate reality is there is other factors to consider when replacing Faf/Duminy and neither one is obviously playing much better than the other to really argue about it... Parnell would be for the extra bowling option and he has bowled and batted well domestically hence the recall.

Flem274*

123/5
I understand batting.
lol
Also Flem ever since some ANCIENT debate between us over whether Kane would take 180 wickets in his career, you have been snippy with me. You were wrong in that debate he will never take 180 wickets. And even if he did take 180 wickets it would be at a sad bowling average of over 50 so no one would care and the comparison between him and Hadlee would come down to Hadlee as a bowler vs Kane as a batsman.

But wait - not only were you in the wrong in that debate - but I tried to apologize anyway in case I had been dismissive and you wouldn't have a bar of my apology and preffered to hold a grudge. Let it Go!
nothing to do with it bro. you're just a dick.

i also said kane would have to take 150 wickets or whatever it was at X average to equal the value of hadlee's batting, not that i thought he would /pedant

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
lol

nothing to do with it bro. you're just a dick.

i also said kane would have to take 150 wickets or whatever it was at X average to equal the value of hadlee's batting, not that i thought he would /pedant
Well you are an ungrateful so and so. I remember when you were nervous before a job interview you had for some position in Hamilton, Out of the kindness of my heart, dick that I am, I took 30 minutes of my time to write you a good natured post with advice about trick questions to expect on the day of the interview. Sure enough on the day of your interview they asked you those trick questions and my advice played a very very small role in you getting the position. The majority was obviously your own talent.
Did you say thank you Hurricane for taking the time to be nice to me and offering advice? No you didn't. And now I am a dick.

I reckon that you and half the ravens have twirled yourself into some twisted knot against me for who knows why. One year on this web site I was very popular then suddenly I wasn't amongst the ravens
and I personally have never changed my personality.

Anyway - I don't like you anymore either after calling me names in this thread and I hope you take another break from this web site and this time for much longer than a few months.

And you don't understand batting by the way. By memory your top score in senior cricket is 12 or something I seem to recall.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Technically AB is captain and if you look at the lineup it is/was (until this match) Faf and Duminy`s placers under threat. The unfortunate reality is there is other factors to consider when replacing Faf/Duminy and neither one is obviously playing much better than the other to really argue about it... Parnell would be for the extra bowling option and he has bowled and batted well domestically hence the recall.
Oh yeah. Completely slipped my mind. Would rather not have Parnell though, esp in India.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Only see him playing if we there's an injury or if we don't play a spinner.

Unless QDK is in the top six and we play him at seven?
That's what I thought.. outside chance though. Still think we will probably go with the team Flem posted earlier, with only 4 bowlers.

(Or right out of the box... we play Steyn Philander and 3 spinners and see how Aus go :))

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Been commented on already :) People either shortening to stphn or just using stephen!

Have been surprised at how negative everybody was over the SA side. SA was not going to just turn into a terrible cricketing nation overnight. We had a really bad year last year, but if you look at it in context, we went to India and were given absolute rank turners (having just lost Kallis and Smith), Amla had his worst year in ten years (after getting captaincy!) And we lost most of our front line bowlers to injury... our confidence was shot coming into a series against an England team playing well. We still had batting issues and our front line bowlers were still missing (I can`t see Stokes doing what he did against the experience of Steyn and Morkel).
Now you can see Amla back in form, a little more confidence in the batting coming out, a proper opener in Cook. Faf and Duminy showing some form and our frontline seamers available and suddenly we are not the terrible cricket nation. If we had a really good quality allrounder then I could see SA getting back to number 1 quickly, right now we struggling to balance the team.

LO team is crap (not that I`m that worried to be honest) I would like us to go ahead pick a few allrounders in the team (Pretorius, Morris, Parnell, Wiese, Andile whoever) and just give everybody a license to go out and score runs, only need 1 off Hash, QDK, or AB to come off to get a good LO total. With Rabada, Morkel and Tahir as primary bowlers.
this is how I feel about NZ right now tbh :ph34r:

Dead Meat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This tour has exemplified everything we already knew. Southee and Boult, with emphasis on the former are aren't keeping the standards up. Interestingly Doully has had a bit of a go at lowest hanging fruit - Southee's batting while even Cleaver is suggesting a "kick up the arse" theory by moving Tim to first change. How do we feel about Wag's opening the bowling?

I'll be interesting to see how Kane/Hesson react to the result - whether they are bold enough to look for solutions or keep the status quo. Surly they will drop Guptill, even for his own sake. The Santer/Bracewell situation seems to be morphing close to the mid 2000's " we don't need middle order batsman/front line change bowlers if we have all rounders who can kinda of bat and kinda of bowl" theory. Problem is I can't see a viable replacement for Santer, and while Bracewell remains "unlucky" and bowls well in patches doz states don't lie.

Can't see much changing for the Indian tour - but Nutall, Bruce, Wheeler, Young, Popli are in the picture going forward

Marius

International Debutant
I know we can't call this a series, but Steyn's stats for it are 12 wickets at 8.5 with a strike rate of 21.

Those are the kinds of stats you see at U/15 level.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well you are an ungrateful so and so. I remember when you were nervous before a job interview you had for some position in Hamilton, Out of the kindness of my heart, dick that I am, I took 30 minutes of my time to write you a good natured post with advice about trick questions to expect on the day of the interview. Sure enough on the day of your interview they asked you those trick questions and my advice played a very very small role in you getting the position. The majority was obviously your own talent.
Did you say thank you Hurricane for taking the time to be nice to me and offering advice? No you didn't. And now I am a dick.

I reckon that you and half the ravens have twirled yourself into some twisted knot against me for who knows why. One year on this web site I was very popular then suddenly I wasn't amongst the ravens
and I personally have never changed my personality.

Anyway - I don't like you anymore either after calling me names in this thread and I hope you take another break from this web site and this time for much longer than a few months.

And you don't understand batting by the way. By memory your top score in senior cricket is 12 or something I seem to recall.
You don't understand batting because you seem to think Guptill can cut it at the Test level, think Warner is a hack and Rahane is overrated.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You don't understand batting because you seem to think Guptill can cut it at the Test level, think Warner is a hack and Rahane is overrated.
You don't understand the internet because it is not the done thing to be third man into a fight. Yet you jumped in during the fight with ***** and you are jumping in now. Leave it to the contestants of the fight to duke it out in the future. Find your own scraps to have if you are desperate to have stoush with someone. If you want lessons on how to end up in a scrap then I will be charging $39.95 for a webinar next Tuesday you can pay by PayPal if you prefer.