• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of UAE and England 2023

number11

U19 Captain
An average batting effort from Eng is 300+. Insanity. Must be the strongest batting line up actually fielded if all 1st choicers are available. Maybe not best top 3, but the depth of quality has no equal.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes. He’s won more white ball World Cups
Smith clearly the best white ball batsmen of his generation. As many trophies as jos, and he's won the bbl. Tell me when jos buttler goes full groundshog day and breaks the record for fastest odi hundred by an english men, than ties his own record next innings he has.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I love this slant. Lacks any sort of coherent basis.

Southee fractured thumb. Never like to see a bloke injured, but would love Milne to get a call up if he's out of the WC.
What do you want me to do, write detailed analysis?

Kohli’s record is obviously awesome, the context of my comment from th droning on as if he was watching some plodder bat shouldn’t be ignored. But whatever? You guys do what you want. Jos is awesome and you have to be extremely bitter to not recognise that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Smith clearly the best white ball batsmen of his generation. As many trophies as jos, and he's won the bbl. Tell me when jos buttler goes full groundshog day and breaks the record for fastest odi hundred by an english men, than ties his own record next innings he has.
I welcome your viewpoint Nintendo because you aren’t insufferably humourless and boring

Last edited:

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
What do you want me to do, write detailed analysis?

Kohli’s record is obviously awesome, the context of my comment from th droning on as if he was watching some plodder bat shouldn’t be ignored. But whatever? You guys do what you want. Jos is awesome and you have to be extremely bitter to not recognise that.
I'm a huge fan of Jos. And English cricket in general, tbh.

I actually didn't know who the argument was about. Just don't believe an argument can be made for or against a player on the basis of what they've won in a team sport. That's all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm a huge fan of Jos. And English cricket in general, tbh.

I actually didn't know who the argument was about. Just don't believe an argument can be made for or against a player on the basis of what they've won in a team sport. That's all.
Yeah fair enough, my World Cup comment was entirely flippant though

thundaboult

International Debutant
What a review. Alrighty then, phillips and rachin, had a chance last game, didn't take it. Funny game this is, another chance here. Take it and make yourself a star. Especially rach, had his best white ball outing with the ball already today.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Disappointed in will young. Got a big vote of confidence right at the beginning of the series from nzc but he hasn't backed it up. Hope he goes well in BD, really needs to kick on. Maybe he shouldn't be opening in places where the ball moves first up, lol.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Hopefully ‘the essential Tom Latham’ (sounds like a 70’s greatest hits collection) does something fantastic in India, because he was dismal in England.

91Jmay

International Coach
How valuable is Livingstone. Middle order power, seriously canny bowler and great fielder. Ideal ODI flex player

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Hopefully ‘the essential Tom Latham’ (sounds like a 70’s greatest hits collection) does something fantastic in India, because he was dismal in England.
He's an excellent player of spin, so I'd wager that he will. I'd like to see him behind Phillips in the order, though.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
How valuable is Livingstone. Middle order power, seriously canny bowler and great fielder. Ideal ODI flex player
He and Mo at six and seven are incredibly important with Stokes not bowling. You can confidently get ten overs out of them without massive damage. His leggies have really come on.