• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe & Zimbabwe/New Zealand/India ODI Tri-Series

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This has been a good partnership, Dhoni has played well so far. Still over 6 an over though.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
Wow, c'mon Zimbabwe! :p

One more wicket and they're right amongst it.
Not as long as Dabengwa and Sean Williams are bowling. If Taibu doesn't trust his pacers, at least bring on Utseya...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Well, it looks like the natural order of the universe has once again been restored. Yuvraj is about to cash in with a century, and Dhoni's got a run-a-ball 50. Once the control was lost, it was pretty much plain-sailing.

Not sure how much India will take out of this match (although this could have been said at the start of the match anyway).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Slow Love™ said:
Well, it looks like the natural order of the universe has once again been restored. Yuvraj is about to cash in with a century, and Dhoni's got a run-a-ball 50. Once the control was lost, it was pretty much plain-sailing.

Not sure how much India will take out of this match (although this could have been said at the start of the match anyway).
Yeah good partnership between the two. Tragedy could have occurred but what seems like a sensible and well timed century from Yuvraj and a solid innings by Dhoni prevented a shock loss which really would have shattered an already out of sorts Indian team.

As you said, the situation is the same at the start of the match where a win wasn't going to be an 'accomplishment', maybe if Rao did what Dhoni did it could have been a positive to take out of it. Still pleasing to see Yuvraj and Dhoni get some runs and dig India out of a mini-hole, whether it was against Zimbabwe or not better to score runs than lose (obviously).

On to the final, let's see how they handle Bond.

twctopcat

International Regular
As soon as the Dhoni/Yuvraj partnership got to 40 i had a feeling this might happen. All credit to them. I want to see this Dhoni against a good attack though sometime soon. Bond in the final should be interesting.

Sanz said:
No he isn't. the last ODI I watched Gilchrist play he hammered a century in 75 balls. If you are talking about test then Dhoni needs to get into the test first to be even compared.

Not to forget that Gilchrist has been playing against the 2nd best team in the world whereas Dhoni is playing against the 2nd worst team. Not that I expect you to understand the difference.
Well if you don't expect that, then why don't you just shut up???

Gilchrist is not struggling only because he is pitted against a top team, his poor batting and keeping has alot to do with other factors.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Well if you don't expect that, then why don't you just shut up???
You dont own this forum. I wont shut up because People like you need to be ridiculed and laughed at :) :laugh::laugh:

Gilchrist is not struggling only because he is pitted against a top team, his poor batting and keeping has alot to do with other factors.
:laugh::laugh:

Sanz said:
You dont own this forum. I wont shut up because People like you need to be ridiculed and laughed at :) :laugh::laugh:
PPl like you are more needed in psychiatry wards, ever consulted a doc before? Serenace might actually work for you :p

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the way the indian top-order is playing, new zealand must be the hot favourites in the finals especially with bond back in the team...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
PPl like you are more needed in psychiatry wards, ever consulted a doc before? Serenace might actually work for you :p
Yeah man you think that :-

1. Dhoni is better than Gilchrist
2. Irfan is a living legend
3. Gilchrist should be thrown out of aussie team
4. Bracken should be included in aussie team
6.....so on and so forth.....

We all know who needs a doc ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
IMO India will win. Our batting has been treadful.
India still have to prove that they can last Bond's 10 overs. If Bond plays, NZ wins otherwise 50:50.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like the fact that Dhoni has not allowed the pressure to get the better of him, but to even think that he would actually succeed at test level (as Ravi Shastri said) is ridiculous. He has to start keeping well, first and then actually start to make runs against tough attacks in tough situations. He was even struggling against the two left arm spinners yesterday when they bowled over the wicket. He played something like 15 dot balls on the trot against them. He can either hit the big shots or struggles to get singles. And I am really not convinced about his defence. I think India have hit the right balance with Dhoni for ODIs and Kaarthick for tests (i.e, if Dhoni can perform against better attacks in ODIs) and I think that is the way we should continue.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont understand why these people keep doing it. First they lobbied for Yuvraj to open in the tests and virtually destroyed the confidence of Akash Chopra. Yuvraj was terrible(as expected) and Akash lost his confidence and became the victim of this lobbying. These people(Shastri and his like) keep quiet during their poor performances and as soon as these highly influential players score some runs (even if it is against Zim & BD) they start their nonsense again.

Everyone knows that KDK is a better wicket keeper than Dhoni, his batting is better than Dhoni but I guess an intelligent person like Shastri cant see this. Or may be knows it but chooses to ignore it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Not much new there then.

Poor SJS must be ripping his hair out.
Not really. Loved the partnership between Yuvraj and Dhoni.

Yuvraj has to learn to bat like this against the "non-minnows". Since the tour to Pakistan he averages over 80 against Windies,BD and Zimbabwe (with 3 hundreds and 2 fifties) and 20 against the others with just one fifty against Pakistan last November (I think).

There should be some way to segregate performances(read stats) against minnows and the better teams so as these can be seen in proper perspective.

I do hope, as an Indian fan, that he comes good against New Zealand tomorrow.

Sanz said:
Yeah man you think that :-

1. Dhoni is better than Gilchrist
2. Irfan is a living legend
3. Gilchrist should be thrown out of aussie team
4. Bracken should be included in aussie team
6.....so on and so forth.....

We all know who needs a doc ;)
Certainly you need it as you are the one who jumps to conclusions :p .

Here is what i said and maintains

1,Dhoni would become better than Gilchrist in future.
2 Irfan has already made waves in cricket world, two great bowlers (imran and Waseem) are already his fan.Imran even suggested that Irfan was better than what Akram was at his age and that Irfan might even leave Akram behind in bowling!!
3 After Gilli's poor performance i asked "SHOULD gilli be thrown out of Aus side"! and not that "gilli should be thrown out of Aus side".Do you understand what i meant now?? It was a legitimate question that was being raised by almost half of former Aussie legends themselves.
4, Whats the harm in trying out Bracken? he's a talented guy and Steven Waugh once even compared him with Akram!! Again i never suggested that Bracken should definately be in Aussie side, i only considered him to be good enough to be considered for test matches.

Here is the team i suggested that should take on England in the ashes thread (post number 12789) on 1st oct

Langer
Hussey
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Warne
Gilchrist
Lee
McGill
McGrath
Tait.

Gilchrist is in my team, Bracken is not in playing 11, which is a proof that what you have been babbling so far is nothing but a figment of ur imagination!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anil said:
the way the indian top-order is playing, new zealand must be the hot favourites in the finals especially with bond back in the team...
And Vettori :dry:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
IMO India will win. Our batting has been treadful.
India's batting hasn't been that flash either. New Zealand must be favourites.

New Zealand lost the last game against India for a number a reasons IMO.......

1) No Bond

2) No Vettori

3) Flem won the toss and purposely (IMO) took the more testing option of batting first (NZ have preferred chasing in recent years.)

4) The 2 form NZ batsmen (Flem and Vincent) were both run-out when set.

5) Selfish Styris was more interested in his 50 towards the end of NZ's innings and decided to block straight to fielders at the end costing us 20-25 runs through a total lack of urgency after intially a good recovery.

Hopefully NZ will learn from the above b4 Tuesday......From a NZ point of view, Sehwag still scares the craap out of me especially when India are chasing a score - hopefully Bond can sort him

Natman20

International Debutant
zinzan12 said:
1) No Bond

2) No Vettori

3) Flem won the toss and purposely (IMO) took the more testing option of batting first (NZ have preferred chasing in recent years.)

4) The 2 form NZ batsmen (Flem and Vincent) were both run-out when set.

5) Selfish Styris was more interested in his 50 towards the end of NZ's innings and decided to block straight to fielders at the end costing us 20-25 runs through a total lack of urgency after intially a good recovery.
Well said. Exactly as it is. It was just a sort of practise match for New Zealand because they had already made it to the final. Scott Styris form is pretty good though. Daniel Vettori should be put up the order in around cairnsys place.