• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in West Indies, AUG 10 to 21, 2022

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
are the windies showing up to these t20is with any planning or thinking? seems like they just show up and tell each other ayyyy breddah smash de ball real haad breddah brap brap brap
They're treating us how we treated Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands, in terms of team lineup by the looks

thundaboult

International Debutant
Still believe there's a big reality check coming for us in those Aus ODI's. The likes of southee, sodhi and boult (form from last 2 t20s)) could find it a very unfriendly place yet again. Especially if aus fields the likes of starc, hazelnut and cumcloth...our batters will freeze like usual.

ashley bach

International Captain
I HATE everytime anyone mentions macewell as a bowling option, mcmillan just mentioning that we have 3 frontline spinners today, and phillips is the 4th as part time option....ugh

Stop this macewell being a good bowler narrative ffs NZC
Lol what Maceball has just done is got ya with the googly.
The so called magic with the white ball this guy continues pulling off is insane, he's always in the thick of the action and coming up with something.
Against much stronger opposition, ok WI didn't perform well, but he came up with 3/15, Is it yet another fluke?
Either he's one of the luckiest players to bless the game and currently walking on water with the cricket gods,or he's just a beast and he's damn good.
Could be that he's like Santner, sneakily good in white ball formats and crap in tests.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well this series hasn't revealed any new information about the strength of this NZ team at all. That is to say the West Indies have scarcely put up a better fight than Ireland and the minnows.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Windies were not that bad in T20s. Last few T20 games have been shocking. Spinners are owning their big hitters.
They need to be more aggressive in PP.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm just not going to watch our white ball sides until there appears to be some sort of plan to put our best team forward and play with a strategy.

Until then I'm just not going to waste any more time on them. I'll watch the under 19s instead.

It's hard to judge NZ based on these two games. My gut feeling is the batting is really impressive but with Southee and Ish Sodhi the bowling can be got at. We'll see when they play a proper side that actually wants to compete.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
This is the final T20Is series for WI before WT20. Strange that they are resting Joseph & Akeal for these games. Cottrel should also make it to Aus at this rate. I like Shepherd's hitting more than Odean.

Lewis
Mayers/King
Hetmeyer
Pooran
Powell
Holder
Shepherd
Akeal
Joseph
Obed
Jayden/Cottrell

Genuine pace at the start in Aus & no more bits n pieces players.

Moss

Very hard to read much into this as the Windies are having a bad run and not helping themselves with selection I suppose. Agree with Beamer, Southee and Sodhi as unquestioned first choice just doesn’t fill one with confidence (see: 2021 WT20 final). Would like to see Allen and Ferguson in for the final game now that the series is won.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Was looking on Spark to replay some of the NZ innings but see Sky have the rights so will have to make do with highlights. Why can't Sky make replays available?

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Was looking on Spark to replay some of the NZ innings but see Sky have the rights so will have to make do with highlights. Why can't Sky make replays available?
The replays are available for 24 hours I think, I watched the replay of the All Blacks this morning spoiler free just by going back in their Live TV guide.

Beamer

Good Lord how have they picked a weaker team than the last match?!

Edit: Brooks and Thomas still playing, no Mayers, Dominic Drakes is basically a passenger, not one but three bits and pieces players in Smith, Shepherd and Drakes.

Well I guess that gives me my evening back ?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So Shepherd has basically been picked as a batsman here, right? He's only the sixth best bowler in the lineup.

Has Pooran dropped himself?

Beamer

So Shepherd has basically been picked as a batsman here, right? He's only the sixth best bowler in the lineup.

Has Pooran dropped himself?
The whole series strategy has been bizarre with no official explanation. I guess he's resting ahead of the ODI's?