• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Flem274*

123/5
Astle will turn it 10km if he lands one on the pitch.

Definitely a bit in it here for Jeets to get another 3/50 if he bowls well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Out comes the slog sweep!

Tbf it's probably better than extreme tentativeness. As long as Taylor chooses the ball carefully.

Flem274*

123/5
he played it along the ground, there was a gap, it was there to sweep and he's good at it. cool bannanas with me.

KW playing spin quite well here. yeah he got that beauty the other over but that ball was ***ual. guptill would have nicked it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
he played it along the ground, there was a gap, it was there to sweep and he's good at it. cool bannanas with me.

KW playing spin quite well here. yeah he got that beauty the other over but that ball was ***ual. guptill would have nicked it.
I don't know how Williamson will even pick up a single v Herath though. And if he's facing ball after ball then Herath will get him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor should just shelve the cut shot for a while. He's complete lost the capacity to judge the right line for the shot.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

KW playing spin quite well here. yeah he got that beauty the other over but that ball was ***ual. gimptill would have nicked it.
fixed.

Flem274*

123/5
if he shelves the cut and the sweep he won't score many runs itbt. they'll just bowl outside off and wait.

that was out.

we need to smash this guy out of the park somehow. boult to 6?:ph34r:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
if he shelves the cut and the sweep he won't score many runs itbt. they'll just bowl outside off and wait.

that was out.

we need to smash this guy out of the park somehow. boult to 6?:ph34r:
Still got the cover drive, straight drive, on drive, pull and hook. He'll do fine.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It wasn't plumb but could have clipped leg and been given. McMillan said NZ haven't had a lot of luck this morning but apart from the McCullum dismissal I think we've been very lucky.

Flem274*

123/5
Still got the cover drive, straight drive, on drive, pull and hook. He'll do fine.
no way. the cut is for short off side filth and the sweep for full legside filth. you need to cash in on those or it becomes far too easy. a seamer can just settle on back of a length outside off, completely negating the front foot drives and in your plan causing a reliance in pulls and hooks from outside off to the onside, or the back foot drive.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised SL don't have two spinners on already here. Not much movement any more for the seamers and obviously we are terrible against spin.