• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Probable squads according to Cricinfo.com

South Africa- 1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 Boeta Dippenaar, 3, Hashim Amla, 4 Jacques Kallis, 5 Ashwell Prince, 6 AB de Villers 7 Mark Boucher (wk), 8 Sean Pollock, 9 Nicky Boje, 10 Dale Steyn, 11 Makhaya Ntini.

New Zealand- 1 Peter Fulton, 2 Jamie How, 3 Stephen Fleming (capt), 4 Scott Styris, 5 Nathan Astle, 6 Jacob Oram, 7 Brendon McCullum (wk), 8 Daniel Vettori, 9 James Franklin, 10 Kyle Mills, 11 Chris Martin.

Also maybe it's late but this little snippet does not make much sense.

"Both teams have postponed their practice sessions from 9.30am to 10.30am to avoid the wetness. The Test itself starts at 10am." :wacko:

sportychic33

State 12th Man
NZ 12 for the 2nd test match:

Michael Papps, Peter Fulton, Stephen Fleming (capt), Scott Styris, Nathan Astle, Jacob Oram, Brendon McCullum, Daniel Vettori, James Franklin, Kyle Mills, Chris Martin, Jeetan Patel, (12th man to be named).

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
Not if we are playing Bangladesh at Eden Park!!!!!!!!!

Are you insane????!!!!
Haha, perhaps. But I'm going to be in Melbourne on Boxing Day anyway - family Christmas gathering the day before.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
mundaneyogi said:
Haha, perhaps. But I'm going to be in Melbourne on Boxing Day anyway - family Christmas gathering the day before.
Yeah right! You planned the whole thing you evil little man.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Michael Papps is better batsman in any position than Sinclair or Vincent I'll eat my hat. I'd probably play How before Papps too.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sportychic33 said:
NZ 12 for the 2nd test match:

Michael Papps, Peter Fulton, Stephen Fleming (capt), Scott Styris, Nathan Astle, Jacob Oram, Brendon McCullum, Daniel Vettori, James Franklin, Kyle Mills, Chris Martin, Jeetan Patel, (12th man to be named).
What has Jamie How done wrong?

_Ed_

James said:
Averaging only 19 in his test career to date perhaps?
Good point, but he's only had a handful of innings and one was ended by a run out at the non-striker's end.

James

Cricket Web Owner
As far as I'm concerned:

Marshall=How=Fulton=Papps=every single other opener in NZ currently. Wait for Matthew Bell to make a come back next summer!

_Ed_

sirjeremy11 said:
Sorta what Lou looked like when he found out he wasn't in the team anymore.

Poor bugger.
Indeed, but before that I assume he looked like this: :huh: or :blink: , or a mixture of both.