• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Loony BoB

International Captain
And my long wait to see Bond play a test continues. :(

Ming said:
Those are awful figures for Styris. Take out his 103* and the average is very low.
Take out Marshall's 23*... :p

EDIT: What are the future series for NZ, by the way? The calendar on Cricinfo doesn't tell me much. Are we really doing nothing until the CT?

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
What are the future series for NZ, by the way? The calendar on Cricinfo doesn't tell me much.
I don't think there's anything after this until the Champions Trophy. Might be wrong though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
What are the future series for NZ, by the way? The calendar on Cricinfo doesn't tell me much. Are we really doing nothing until the CT?
Bangladesh end of this year.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Yep, as far as I know, we have Champions Trophy, then Bangladesh tour, then maybe Sri Lanka, then the VB Series, then Hadlee Chappell (in NZ), then the World Cup.

Another bumper test season for NZ in the offing...

Probably only two tests against Bangladesh, and maybe a couple against Sri Lanka.

Natman20

International Debutant
Well at least the Blackcaps won't have to complain about a demanding schedule. With all of about 2-4 tests per season.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Natman20 said:
Well at least the Blackcaps won't have to complain about a demanding schedule. With all of about 2-4 tests per season.
Maybe Ponting will come play for us then! Woohoo!

He can be in the team as long as he wears a muzzle.

He would probably bowl quite well in domestic cricket here as well.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Still, not the worst lead in to a World Cup...
I think that's the idea.

Hurts those NZ fans who like test cricket though. Guess we have a choice though - NZ vs Bangladesh for the Fleming Bashar Trophy, or some contest called the Ashes

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
I think that's the idea.

Hurts those NZ fans who like test cricket though. Guess we have a choice though - NZ vs Bangladesh for the Fleming Bashar Trophy, or some contest called the Ashes
See you at the MCG on Boxing Day?

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
In case anyone hasn't already heard, Marshall's been ruled out of the second test after not recovering from his cracked ribs. Probably a blessing in disguise for us though.

On the subject of injuries, I've got a great plan to play test cricket. In five years or so, when NZ are due for their next tour of SA or England, I will move over there on a working holiday or something similar a few months before. Then, just as the second test is about to start, the traditional NZ injury crisis will occur and in a blind panic they'll have to call up an expat Kiwi who just happens to be playing club cricket in the area. So I'll make my test debut, come in as night-watchman and blaze my way to a century (easy) and win the game for NZ.

Unfortunately, after that game Bracewell will probably decide that I've got the tools to open, after which I'll fail in successive games and never play again...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
thedarkmullet said:
I heard Mills speaking on radio sport, in all his knowledge he thaught the pitch looked low and slow.
The wicket is meant to be pretty bare and dry, it will assist the spinners though I doubt Nicky Boje will make much of a difference with the ball.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
From Cricinfo.com

According to Bracewell the track will offer some variable bounce and help Vettori. "The wicket is reasonably bare at the ends," he told NZPA. "We've been told while it won't spin a great deal there will be bounce for spinners. Dan [Vettori] will be licking his lips at that opportunity."

Christo Erasmus, the Newlands groundsman, said that the challenge had been to produce a good pitch despite all the rain and the onset of winter. "It's the latest we've had a match at Newlands in my time here," he said. "There has been a lot of rain around. Although we are still having warm days it is taking longer for the ground to dry out."

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just heard on the wireless that James Franklin is losing his battle to bit fit for tomorrow and that there is a possibility that New Zealand might go with two spinners, interesting.