• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

thierry henry

International Coach
I admire nzfan’s belief that proper cricket will always prevail in the face of overwhelming evidence that **** cricket gets results

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would have saved Southee for the new ball. Could have let Iyer slog couple more and eventually his luck would have ran out.

Iyer played **** shots and got away. I don't know what commentators saying about that batting.
Nah, they were risky but he executed them well.

Meridio

International Regular
Hmm, been thoroughly unconvinced by him but you'd take a 50 on debut.

Wish KW had left Ravindra on for an over, there was every chance of him slogging himself out.

trundler

I don't get this talk of Iyer not being convincing. He played a few bold shots but he played them well. Not like he edged his way to 50 with the aid of dropped chances. Took calculated risks against the spinners as any good Indian middle order batsman should.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Hmm, been thoroughly unconvinced by him but you'd take a 50 on debut.

Wish KW had left Ravindra on for an over, there was every chance of him slogging himself out.
Yes, or bring back Ajaz who's a very important member of the side for this series. Need him to find his feet soon.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't get this talk of Iyer not being convincing. He played a few bold shots but he played them well. Not like he edged his way to 50 with the aid of dropped chances. Took calculated risks against the spinners as any good Indian middle order batsman should.
Kiwis just enthusiastic about Rachin imo

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
When
I admire nzfan’s belief that proper cricket will always prevail in the face of overwhelming evidence that **** cricket gets results
I mean he's hacked his way to 50. Very much needed for India but felt like he's going to get out any minute. Maybe I've watched too much NZ cricket where you'll be lucky to hack one and get away let alone through a session.

thierry henry

International Coach
meh he just randomly started slogging everything. If I ever start enjoying that then cricket’s no longer for me.

OverratedSanity

He skewed a couple of his boundaries, wildly slogged at a couple which dropped in the gaps. I dont think he's looked like a hack but I'd struggle to call him convincing.

Looking better with time though undoubtedly.

trundler

In what world is coming down the wicket to spinners improper cricket? Do you guys look at Laxman dancing down the pitch and hitting Warne out of the rough against the turn and say "what a hack, should've padded it away".

Another excellent cut shot. They've all gone where he's intended them to go too. Took advantage of the field but not like he's been top-edging them all.