• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Gonna be a lot of talk about picking 3 seamers now of course, but would you have had KJ batting 7 then? Or only picked Ajaz and Rachin as spinners? #belatedteamchat
In hindsight, Wagner for Sommerville. Just because if we don't have Rachin our tail would have been quite long.

Moss

Gonna be a lot of talk about picking 3 seamers now of course, but would you have had KJ batting 7 then? Or only picked Ajaz and Rachin as spinners? #belatedteamchat
Think the consensus has been Ajaz and Rachin, Wagner for Somerville. Though the latter has bowled alright.

Both these spinners (ajaz & Sommers) took some time to settle in previous series as well so probably shouldn't be written off just yet

Moss

Iyer loves murdering spin. Definitely acing the battle of the debutants now.

White Ball

State 12th Man
India in a decent position here! As a white ball fan I love how Iyer is playing want to see him keep up this positivity. Hoping to see a few maximums in this session ideally.

Moss

Southee is back. Interesting, didn't seem like he was moving all that well.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
India is in a decent position. Pitch is not that great for stroke play so runs are hard to come. 300 will be match winning I think.

nzfan

Would have saved Southee for the new ball. Could have let Iyer slog couple more and eventually his luck would have ran out.

Iyer played **** shots and got away. I don't know what commentators saying about that batting.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would have saved Southee for the new ball. Could have let Iyer slog couple more and eventually his luck would have ran out.

Iyer played **** shots and got away. I don't know what commentators saying about that batting.
Mate the new ball will be in like an hour

nzfan

More we bowl to Iyer, higher our chance of wicket. Jadeja is worrying me, he's batting like a proper test bat. Bring on Ajaz...

Moss

Though there's a long way to go, this has the feel of Perth 2019 when Ferguson pulled up after 11 overs. Southee, Wagner and CdG picked up the slack then, Santner from memory didn't do much.

Did predict there would be times when Kane would miss Colin's bowling, this seems like one of them. Mitchell definitely not a like-for-like replacement.