• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Very much a number 10 but done okay enough a couple of times, had a valuable partnership with Watling on debut in the deciding test in the UAE.

Would be cool if he could eat up some time here. He’s 37 now, and unlikely to play a lot more tests - will probably be replaced by Wagner for Mumbai, and won’t be picked for home tests.
He definitely looks very organized defensively, esp. for a track like this which is slow. His height obviously helps but he seems to have worked out a very good defensive method.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ishant has officially reverted to his ****e version since that test in England. Wrist position has collapsed which the coms have only highlighted now, its been that way for a while.

_Ed_

Would be cool if he could eat up some time here. He’s 37 now, and unlikely to play a lot more tests - will probably be replaced by Wagner for Mumbai, and won’t be picked for home tests.
Yeah, this could easily be the last day of his test career. Nice to see him potentially signing off with a meaningful contribution.

_Ed_

NZ should be disappointed if they dont win from here tbh. Then again any team should be disappointed to not win any game so that was a stupid thing I just said.
From the way Nicholls batted in the first innings, I don't have much faith in anyone from him down in our batting line-up today. So, as encouraging as this start is, still a huge hill to climb against a quality spin attack.

Flem274*

123/5
NZ should be disappointed if they dont win from here tbh. Then again any team should be disappointed to not win any game so that was a stupid thing I just said.
Settle down brother, just a casual ground record chase to win haha

Deadbat until tea then see where we're at. India might be angry and bowl **** if NZ are in charge.

Collapse could come at any time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think u can look that far ahead. The best they can do, much like we did in the Gabba test, is to stalk the target. Keep yourself in touching distance and if things look good in the last session, go for it.

OverratedSanity

Settle down brother, just a casual ground record chase to win haha

Deadbat until tea then see where we're at. India might be angry and bowl **** if NZ are in charge.

Collapse could come at any time.
Jadeja has lost his meme powers. We need Axar to do an axar or else you'll walk this,

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think we have a chance but it involves our clueless captain actually understanding that bowling our two best bowlers in tandem is actually an option on this track.