• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man, I wish NZ could pick Ryder at 5. I think they will do far better than Aus or SA did in India, tbh. In fact, if our bowlers are not in good form and you had Ryder, I would even consider NZ a good shout to nick a test and win the series. Couple of the tracks against SA were not that bad and if we get such pitches for the 3 tests, then it will be a much closer contest than people here seem to think.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If New Zealand can figure out a way to nullify Ashwin or not give him that many wickets, this can be a very competitive series. India still favourites, but it won't be a walk in the park.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Man, I wish NZ could pick Ryder at 5. I think they will do far better than Aus or SA did in India, tbh. In fact, if our bowlers are not in good form and you had Ryder, I would even consider NZ a good shout to nick a test and win the series. Couple of the tracks against SA were not that bad and if we get such pitches for the 3 tests, then it will be a much closer contest than people here seem to think.
**** you man. Now I have to do an ultimate fantasy XI

1. Tom Latham
2. Matter, It Really Doesn't
3. Kane Williamson
4. Ross Taylor
5. Jesse Ryder
6. Corey Anderson
7. BJ Watling
8. Jeetan Patel
9. Neil Wagner
10. Trent Boult
11. Tim Southee

Flem274*

123/5
How is tastle bowling? Is he sodhi level?
he's kind of what this message board likes to pretend jeetan patel is. considering spuds like sodhi have been gifted tests and jeets got 18 of them for his 48 run average, tastle has been shafted with his solitary test where he was tidy enough (the captaingate test).

he's the only spinner who gets domestic wickets. he's not great or anything but he's light years ahead of ish sodhi. just a bit slow through the air (or was - apparently has improved).

Howsie

International Captain
Yes, he's light years ahead of Sodhi, hence why he's played so much test cricket....

Your bias against ND would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Howsie

International Captain
Howsie this is a rubbish argument and you know it.
It's not. If Astle was that good, light years ahead of anyone else good he would be playing test cricket for NZ. Do you honestly believe Hesson, McCullum, Edgar, Williamson or now Larsen have sort of agenda against him?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's not. If Astle was that good, light years ahead of anyone else good he would be playing test cricket for NZ. Do you honestly believe Hesson, McCullum, Edgar, Williamson or now Larsen have sort of agenda against him?
1. Flem says "Sodhi was gifted tests" which means he thinks Sodhi was not good enough to be selected; in other words the selection was bad.
2. You say Sodhi is good because he was selected.

Can you see how that's circular logic?

The selectors don't need to have agendas to make poor selections.

Flem274*

123/5
Yes, he's light years ahead of Sodhi, hence why he's played so much test cricket....

Your bias against ND would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
astle could always try not taking wickets and rejigging his birth certificate to make himself younger

Howsie

International Captain
@ hendrix

He said, and it's what I took exception to that Todd Astle is 'light years' ahead of Sodhi. If he was, he would be playing test cricket, simple.

Last edited: