• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

shankar

International Debutant
I think they were annoyed that he was in the third umpires box for so long, and IMO that criticism is fair (whether you agree or not). But they were attacking his qualifications, which I thought was a bit harsh (e.g he never played FC cricket, was Otago second XI, etc) considering Manjarekar just admitted doing research on him right now.
They weren't attacking his qualifications just mentioning it since it's unusual.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Very interesting graphic there - India best in the world in terms of S/R and Average in terms of playing against spin in the last five years. England interestingly second in terms of the S/R playing vs spin, but fifth in terms of average.

Shockingly, Pakistan second to last in S/R and third to last in average vs. spin. ITSTL.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I'm not trying to say we're doomed to be **** forever, just that following a team like the Blackcaps it's best to take each game as it comes rather than raising our expectations and getting ****ed off every time they're not met.

Dissector

International Debutant
Wow, Manjrekar and Shastri rubbishing the NZ coach...a bit harsh. I don't see why cricketers think that you had to be at least a FC cricketer to be a coach...it's not like that in other sports. Many coaches in other sports haven't played that sport outside of High School.
Most other sports don't have the variety of international conditions that cricket does. It's kind of hard to coach a team in India if you have never played in India. I suspect the ideal coach in cricket is a good but not great international player, someone with average talent who had to work hard at his game.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum's thought process right now to Ohja:
"This **** got me last time. This time I am definitely going to hit him for 6"

ganeshran

International Debutant
kiwis will bat better in the second innings. India very rarely give two back to back good bowling performances

Athlai

Not Terrible
All I want is two hundreds in this innings from anyone in our top six excluding McCullum. Is that too much to ask?

InbeforeBazdouble.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
It's funny to see Martin fail, but, really, when it comes down to it it must piss off NZ fans to no end, and rightly so too imo. It's a joke really that an international cricketer can be so inept with the bat...does he actually do it on purpose for the attention he gets or something?
Martin has publicly admitted that he suffers from an eye problem that affects his vision. This explains why he is so hopeless at judging the line of a delivery.

Yep, given he's absolutely hopeless with the ball too he's probably one of the most useless international cricketers running around. At best going into a game you can probably expect 2/80 and the poor sod that has to bat with him slogging a quick 15-20 runs.
Way too harsh on Martin IMO, his bowling has proven to be a lot more useful than Tim Southee's.

BeeGee

International Captain
That's what I've often said too, but it's starting to get pretty difficult to believe.
Mate, the last time we played India in India we were very competitive and kept them to 1 nil.
The last time we played SA we were competitive and kept them to 1 nil.
The last time we played Aus it was 1-1.

All teams ranked way, way above us.

All this happened with essentially the same personnel we have now. Our batting performance level in this game and in the WI is much, much lower than it has been for a long time.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Martin has publicly admitted that he suffers from an eye problem that affects his vision. This explains why he is so hopeless at judging the line of a delivery.
Always wondered how he still seemed to be able to catch without too much trouble despite this.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ashwin should bowl ahead of Ojha. If you are going to bowl a spinner first why not use your best? Ashwin would use the bounce better when the seam is new. ********.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mate, the last time we played India in India we were very competitive and kept them to 1 nil.
The last time we played SA we were competitive and kept them to 1 nil.
The last time we played Aus it was 1-1.

All teams ranked way, way above us.

All this happened with essentially the same personnel we have now. Our batting performance level in this game and in the WI is much, much lower than it has been for a long time.
Two reasons IMO:
- Too much BS lately with coach changes etc
- In Windies and now in India facing good spinners on pitches conducive to spin bowling

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ashwin should bowl ahead of Ojha. If you are going to bowl a spinner first why not use your best? Ashwin would use the bounce better when the seam is new. ********.
Expecting a variation of this from SS within the minute.