• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

TumTum

Banned
So a kid who has just scored a test 50, in his second match, to go with the century he scored in his first match, has a good technique but doesn't know how to use it? That's possibly the most inane statement I've ever read.
Yes just as insane as when I said Kane has a good technique after his 9 ball duck :laugh:

BeeGee

International Captain
Nah, they're just being positive against a weakened attack, with the intent of taking the game away from India by lunchy. Vettori will know the odds of bowling india out in circa 50 overs on this track would be virtually impossible. I'd be hugely surprised if we declared.
I think you're missing an important point. By declaring Dan is saying to the Indians: we're in control, we're dictating the terms of this game and we believe we can beat you.

TumTum

Banned
I think you're missing an important point. By declaring Dan is saying to the Indians: we're in control, we're dictating the terms of this game and we believe we can beat you.
We tried that against them many times :laugh: :(

Think the best strategy against India is to act pathetic and hopeless, then BAM!

Flem274*

123/5
Exactly.

Captains shouldn't be realists all the time. We are highly unlikely to win, but Vettori needs to believe.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If the ball swings a bit as it has done and the Indian batsman go for it we're in with a faint shout.

I can see us getting them 3 or 4 down and then bottling up shop and being impossible to get. Yet again giving Kiwi fans heartbreak.
The ball hasn't swung much at all this morning, though I suppose that might have something to do with Sree being out of touch and Khan injured. It'd be interesting if they tried it, but I just can't see us running through India on a track this flat. We'd have to get them 6 or 7 down by the first 20 overs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
John says: (5:54:05 PM)

McIntosh to score a 50

John says: (5:54:12 PM)

Baz to score 150

Kieran says: (5:54:12 PM)

Nah

Kieran says: (5:54:16 PM)

too inconsistent

Kieran says: (5:54:19 PM)

lol

:cool: Yesterday before our innings began.

Xuhaib

International Coach
brilliant effort by NZL wished the Pakistan batsman had as much spine as these guys, what a wonderful series for NZL cricket.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Both Kallis and Gayle were reversing sweeping yesterday. Gayle was even lapping the Sri Lankan pacemen over the keepers head!

Anyhow, Bhaji closing in on another century. What a cricketer.

Xuhaib

International Coach
score another 100 give India to chase 300 in 50 maybe India attacks and loose a couple early which may give them a sneak unlikely but still worth a punt.

Ruckus

International Captain
For what? 67 overs left according to Cricinfo. Enough time for McCullum to get a triple hundred and Bhaji a double.
They should atleast have a token attempt at bowling India out, but unfortunately it looks to be already far too late.