• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2021

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
First test toss win in what feels like a million years from Kane! :D

Edit: oh, we actually won the last one vs Pakistan.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Conway and Latham opening. Wow.

Can't help but feel as though Blundell and Mitchell are a tad hard done by

theegyptian

Does make me nervous not playing a spinner. Especially with the weather warm and dry.

Feel for Leach. Looked like he'd get a good run in the side after the winter and then dropped straight away.

Last time none of Stokes, Woakes, SCurran and Ali played in the test side? Maybe it was the test before Stokes debuted.

nzfan

Very good toss to win and bat. The pitch looks flat. Nothing like the decks we get here in NZ. You'd be hoping to win toss and bat every time.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good 10 selected plus Santner as mascot to be unreasonably chirpy and lively in the field. Do feel for Blundell though, especially as seems likely he'll be left out for both tests and the final.

I'm not convinced about CdG being ready. I know theoretically his dibbly dobblies could be amazing with the duke but at the same time I don't know how match fit he is and equally his batting could turn out less convincing than our tailenders
I'm trusting that they think he's genuinely fit. If anything short of 100% they should've played Mitchell instead.

theegyptian

Could do with some of these english batsmen stepping up. Root aside none of the rest are assured of their places in the medium term. Even Pope who looked the next really good prospect averages 32 after 17 tests which isn't good enough. He was poor this winter against India, frenetic and lunging vs the spin.

**** man those averages of the england top 6. Burns 30.7, Sibley 30.4, Crawley 34.1, Root 49.2, Pope 31.9, Lawrence 27.6. ugh