• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
High quality but ultimately meaningless?
A post that overcomes horrible conditions and mediocre opposition, thereby contributing to his development - albeit in circumstances that nobody cares about in the slightest.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You never fail to waltz in when NZ are in a bad position just to rub it in and nothing else. You come into a thread for the sole purpose of being smug. I don't think it's trolling and I wouldn't ban you for it, but it's by far the worst posting I've seen on this forum.

I can literally see the smile on your face when their players do badly, it's that obvious.
Not true. I'm a cricket fan and i was looking forward to this series as it's two decent sides playing each other. It does seem though that any kind of criticism of the kiwi players/team and people are ready to have a go (smh)... this is a discussion forum with all different opinions being put forth and that should be respected. Have i said anything on this thread that was smug? I don't think so.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
A post that overcomes horrible conditions and mediocre opposition, thereby contributing to his development - albeit in circumstances that nobody cares about in the slightest.
No need to be bitter Bahnz...i was right with my prediction but hey maybe next time i'll be wrong!!..it happens mate so chin up.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The problem WW is that you pop up every time New Zealand is playing bad, are not that appreciative of them and continue making your point a million times. Just make your point and move out. Else it becomes tedious, as I am sure it becomes tedious to you when you hear million times that West Indies is a minnow, say. That's all really.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
The problem WW is that you pop up every time New Zealand is playing bad, are not that appreciative of them and continue making your point a million times. Just make your point and move out. Else it becomes tedious, as I am sure it becomes tedious to you when you hear million times that West Indies is a minnow, say. That's all really.
What have i said "million times" on this thread? Also this is a test series that many fans other than England and NZ fans are interested in. When NZ beat India not that long ago i was supporting the kiwis...so I'd take issue with that statement about "every time NZ do bad i pop up".

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What have i said "million times" on this thread? Also this is a test series that many fans other than England and NZ fans are interested in. When NZ beat India not that long ago i was supporting the kiwis...so I'd take issue with that statement about "every time NZ do bad i pop up".
You are saying million times that you are right. Like you have said in this post. Even if you want to say you are right, every time some says you are not, you don't have to go on saying you are right. Any ways, I have made my point and will move out of this debate. As you could, if you get my point.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You are saying million times that you are right. Like you have said in this post. Even if you want to say you are right, every time some says you are not, you don't have to go on saying you are right.
This is more of a Ryder-esque 15 off 10 at number 6 in a fixture against Glamorgan. Will be interesting to see if Pratters can redeem himself with a surprise 5fer coming on at first change after the innings break.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You are saying million times that you are right. Like you have said in this post. Even if you want to say you are right, every time some says you are not, you don't have to go on saying you are right.
I think it's called defending your own point of view. And I'm not ashamed to do that.

Anyway guys does Stokes have the wood on Kane? First innings he should have had him but someone dropped a sitter and in the second innings Stokes was a danger to Kane all through that over until he finally got him...what was he doing that Anderson and Broad weren't?

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Well, to put it another way it seems like a fault-finding mission. At the end of the 2nd day when the kiwis were 303-2 you supplied your gloss that (I'm paraphrasing) "pitches like these are killing test cricket, a bore draw is on the cards" and so on. Another example was when I commented that Matt Henry had a decent debut, you chimed in with "he's done ok but expensive, how will he manage in tests 'cause he leaks runs etc". Apart from being one hell of a statement to make based on *one* test, it was just plain incorrect as Henry had been no less economical than most of the bowlers up to that point.

And hardly anything on England, as far as I can recall.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway..

Well done to England who deservedly won a Test match with a better bowling and batting effort. Stokes was exceptional, I thought Broad bowled outstandingly well and Cook looked like the guy who earned his place as England's highest ever run-scorer.

However, the manner in which our tail folded disgusts me. Showed no desire to grit their teeth and earn a draw - then McCullum says he's proud of the way we continue to play our cricket? Our greatest bunny (Danny Morrison) batted for what, 2 sessions to save a Test yet ours show no fight to bat for what amounts to not even one? Really annoyed this morning.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well, to put it another way it seems like a fault-finding mission. At the end of the 2nd day when the kiwis were 303-2 you supplied your gloss that (I'm paraphrasing) "pitches like these are killing test cricket, a bore draw is on the cards" and so on. Another example was when I commented that Matt Henry had a decent debut, you chimed in with "he's done ok but expensive, how will he manage in tests 'cause he leaks runs etc". Apart from being one hell of a statement to make based on *one* test, it was just plain incorrect as Henry had been no less economical than most of the bowlers up to that point.

Jokes aside, it's the posts that WW doesn't make that are more telling than his gleeful braying after the fact. I still chuckle at his efforts during last year's tour of the Emirates. Endless posts during the first test about how overrated NZ were, slowing to a trickle during the 2nd test and then disappearing completely during the 3rd. Likewise, complete silence during the WC semi, followed by an avalanche of **** after the final. That's why I say WW is never wrong. He's either right or absent.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular

Well firstly are you really saying 4/93 and 2/102 isn't on the expensive side? At the end of the day if he concedes forty runs less it makes the game much tighter most likely...and those are the fine margins at the end of the day.

Secondly i did find the second day very boring because there was nothing happening...Kane was nudging runs towards the end and the England bowlers were labouring..it just wasn't exciting to me. All in all i think i was fair with what i said and i didn't criticize either team too harshly.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Jokes aside, it's the posts that WW doesn't make that are more telling than his gleeful braying after the fact. I still chuckle at his efforts during last year's tour of the Emirates. Endless posts during the first test about how overrated NZ were, slowing to a trickle during the 2nd test and then disappearing completely during the 3rd. Likewise, complete silence during the WC semi, followed by an avalanche of **** after the final. That's why I say WW is never wrong. He's either right or absent.
I was here when we lost heavily to NZ in the quarters!!..NZ fans were mocking me endlessly and i faced the fire so needless to say i dispute those claims.

Moss

Anyway..

Well done to England who deservedly won a Test match with a better bowling and batting effort. Stokes was exceptional, I thought Broad bowled outstandingly well and Cook looked like the guy who earned his place as England's highest ever run-scorer.

However, the manner in which our tail folded disgusts me. Showed no desire to grit their teeth and earn a draw - then McCullum says he's proud of the way we continue to play our cricket? Our greatest bunny (Danny Morrison) batted for what, 2 sessions to save a Test yet ours show no fight to bat for what amounts to not even one? Really annoyed this morning.
The Phantom forgotten so soon? :P

Yeah, that was just bizarre. Southee and Boult seem to have decided their batting cameos on their respective test debuts are the templates to follow irrespective of the situation.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Yeah, that was just bizarre. Southee and Boult seem to have decided their batting cameos on their respective test debuts are the templates to follow irrespective of the situation.
Boult's was the worst. Jeetan got (rightly) pillared in SA for backing away but Trent isn't much better. And the observant amongst us might've seen Southee give Broad a send-off for backing away, which is fairly rich coming from a guy who's never shown a lot of ticker with the bat - and also bowled like a drain this week past the new ball.

If we lose this series, it'll be a dog fight to try and get ourselves above 6th/7th/8th for a fair while. Australia twice in a summer, then SA twice in a year with India away sandwiched in between.

Moss

Well firstly are you really saying 4/93 and 2/102 isn't on the expensive side? At the end of the day if he concedes forty runs less it makes the game much tighter most likely...and those are the fine margins at the end of the day.

Secondly i did find the second day very boring because there was nothing happening...Kane was nudging runs towards the end and the England bowlers were labouring..it just wasn't exciting to me. All in all i think i was fair with what i said and i didn't criticize either team too harshly.
Expensive if it were a greentop. 6 wickets at 32.5 at an ER of 3.7 - in a game where upto that point the lowest score was 389 and the teams were score at 4 an over. Sounds like above par to me. You can't whine about the pitch being a road and then term those figures "expensive", especially for a debutant.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

I'm pretty sure McCullum's been in Southee's ear telling him to just focus on his bowling and swing from the hip when at the crease. Unfortunately he's forgotten that in order to earn the right to be agressive with the bat he needs to take wickets first.