• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2022

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Not that it would make a difference but why doesn't Daryl Mitchell bowl in ODIs any more? He's better than Bracewell and Neesham.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Because I'm a filty casual I don't pay much attention to this, but does anyone reckon NZ aren't as good at positioning infielders to cut down singles as some other teams? We're losing this on the difference between our singles (lack thereof) through the middle overs vs Australia's. Tend to primarily look at batting (proactivity) and bowling (accuracy) as the source of this, but field set important too. Just seems like Australia had so many more infielders positioned to successfully prevent strike rotation, whereas there were gaps everywhere through the middle of Australia's innings.

And Australia have obvious special plans for certain players, like cutting off Williamson's guide to third man.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That drop off green by boult is huge in retrospect now. Both of those two out by this point and maybe an extra 10 runs to play with and all of a sudden NZ are favourites.

Spark

Global Moderator
Green, Carey, Maxwell looks pretty sound as a lower middle order to me. Now to just see sense at the top...

Flem274*

123/5
nz seem to play to this script a lot against aussie - below par batting innings for 200-250, wreck the australian top 5 for under 100, the last stand wins the game 5-7 wickets down.