• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Starc vs CdG turning out to be a mismatch. Not that the others have fared any better.

Good luck to Santner, could really use some runs from him.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ooh that was out

pretty horrific umpiring it has to be said. You can understand an on field umpire missing that, of course, but a 3rd ump ****ing that up needs to be fired. Simple as that.

vandem

International 12th Man
Radio commentary (including Coney) says the law is now that the sweatband part of the glove is now considered part of the glove. Has the law changed, or are they making that up?

Immenso

Oh FFS. We get some umpiring luck wasted on ****ing Santner?!

Yay us. Well make them pay by gloving it, bat handling it, splicing it for another half dozen.

Spark

Global Moderator
Radio commentary (including Coney) says the law is now that the sweatband part of the glove is now considered part of the glove. Has the law changed, or are they making that up?
Any item of clothing in contact with the glove is considered part of the glove. Always been like that IIRC. Bairstow was given because of that at Headingley.

vandem

International 12th Man
Any item of clothing in contact with the glove is considered part of the glove. Always been like that IIRC. Bairstow was given because of that at Headingley.
Don't think it has always been like that. IIRC Bravo made a big hundred in NZ after umpire ruled after hot-spot mark on the wristband that wristband was not part of the glove.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I’m watching with the sound off. I’m guessing the 3rd ump said “His glove strap moved but it could’ve been anything.”

TheJediBrah

That's always been the law as long as I've been alive. Not sure how you're unaware of that.

Immenso

Don't think it has always been like that. IIRC Bravo made a big hundred in NZ after umpire ruled after hot-spot mark on the wristband that wristband was not part of the glove.
That was the ump just making a mistake.

Spark

Global Moderator
Was the wristband attached to the glove?

The Hutt Rec

One reason I always wore long sleeves which covered the gloves wristbands ...

Still got given out when one came off there though. :/

morgieb

I’m watching with the sound off. I’m guessing the 3rd ump said “His glove strap moved but it could’ve been anything.”
From what I can tell he plain missed the glove strap moving.

TBH from early evidence I was thinking "not enough evidence to overturn" but the slow-motion replay clearly showed the wristband move.

Also dire that you lose a review for that.