• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2009/10

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JDS Neesham 5 3 15 2

Fantastic stuff, especially considering Otago's going along at 5.27 an over overall.

Looks to me like Patel under-bowled himself a bit in the Wellington-ND game.

bryce

International Regular
but good to see Arafat is in some good batting form.
Yeah it's always a good sign as a bowler when you can hit more runs than what you conceded:p
Great set of debuts for Neesham:cool: Definitely in that fan club, lol

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
Just double checked and yeah i'm definitely on there, though strangely when i type my name into the search fans it says no results found:wacko:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
How big a ground is Oamaru?
Pretty sure I'm the unparalleled expert on Whitestone Contracting Stadium, Oamaru, on this forum. :cool:

Rather short side boundaries thanks to it being a rugby ground (it's the former Centennial Park, renamed three years ago for sponsorship purposes). End boundaries are pretty standard, and when the track is right (which it obviously was today), it's a very quick and decent batting strip.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Jimmy, keen to have a chat with you for Radio Sport next week. I'll go through Paul first cause Auckland Cricket sent me a page on media protocol..don't wanna disturb the peace now.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Oh nice one Tim. Next time we all want to interview him, we'll follow your lead, thanks for the heads up.

Interesting to note he was bowling first change (is that right?). The kid seems to love belting the ball when batting huh.

thierry henry

International Coach
Oh nice one Tim. Next time we all want to interview him, we'll follow your lead, thanks for the heads up.

Interesting to note he was bowling first change (is that right?). The kid seems to love belting the ball when batting huh.
Interesting indeed. tbh he was hardly scaring them with his pace in the T20 final, although tbh Hopkins standing up to everyone probably did the quicks a disservice.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
In Kane Williamson's last 4 innings he has produced 107*, 71, 108* and 77. Quite the turn around. I'm rather glad the top order looks so water-tight, because in harsher times I could easily see the selectors picking him out of desperation against Johnson, Tait and co.

Flem274*

123/5
In Kane Williamson's last 4 innings he has produced 107*, 71, 108* and 77. Quite the turn around. I'm rather glad the top order looks so water-tight, because in harsher times I could easily see the selectors picking him out of desperation against Johnson, Tait and co.
There's still the test side..

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah saw that Williamson score and I have to say his name will be coming alarmingly close to making the team. Hopefully we can stave off his selection for a few more years.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah saw that Williamson score and I have to say his name will be coming alarmingly close to making the team. Hopefully we can stave off his selection for a few more years.
For the one day team? IMO if your good enough your old enough. Averaged 45 last season in 11 matches, and this year he's averaging 103 in six matches. He's probably put up the best numbers over the last two years in domestic one day cricket, I don't see the point of him smashing attacks for two more years tbh, how will that help his game?

The problem is though, there isn't currently a place for him with Ryder, McCullum, Guptill and Taylor all doing well in the top four and Elliott doing nothing wrong at five. What will probably need to happen is Brendon McCullum will just have to move down the order with Guptill moving up to open with Ryder.