• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
McConchie one of those diligent but limited players you'd expect might be successful through the middle overs of 50 over cricket, but his List A record is awful. Averages just 26. Decent recovery job today even if you'd prefer he had another 10-15 runs from the 82 balls he's faced.

Clarkson WAG.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Interesting. Just looking at it, I didn't realise it dated back to the start of the 70s, I thought it would have been early 80s. Thought TVNZ would have had it on throughout the 80s though. But first time I remember seeing it was 91/92 round robin games.
Back when Lancaster Park would be packed to watch Hartland and Latham get Canterbury off to the flying start. The final that season when Larsen could only bat using one hand and the season before Wellington v CD, were epics.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Even as a staunch Wellington fan, I have to admit that was an absolute classic.

I'm gonna maintain Wellington would have won if Larsen had been able to bowl his ten though. ?

Immenso

Interesting. Just looking at it, I didn't realise it dated back to the start of the 70s, I thought it would have been early 80s. Thought TVNZ would have had it on throughout the 80s though. But first time I remember seeing it was 91/92 round robin games.
TBH, That was probably the first time the competition had a final (and semis). It was a round-robin tournament throughout the 80s.

(Although it's origins were a knockout tournament in the 70s, before it became the Shell Cup).

IIRC this was the first ever televised domestic game: https://archive.nzc.nz/Scorecards/52/52539.html

The Hutt Rec

TBH, That was probably the first time the competition had a final (and semis). It was a round-robin tournament throughout the 80s.

(Although it's origins were a knockout tournament in the 70s, before it became the Shell Cup).

IIRC this was the first ever televised domestic game: https://archive.nzc.nz/Scorecards/52/52539.html
153/5 off 50 overs at Pukekura Park, looks like a classic!

vandem

International 12th Man
Clarkson giving selectors something to think about here for the Pakistan ODIs

Thoughts such as "why the **** haven't we selected this guy"
Perhaps they looked at his Ford Trophy batting this season, 82 runs @ 11, SR 78? And yes, I know he was more dominant in Super Smash.