• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

Flem274*

123/5
Rhys Mariu looks very good doesn't he? Those were some ***y batting highlights on a green deck. He's an 80 test opener, calling it early.

Can someone explain Simon Keene to me? I thought he was a bowler, but his highlights make him look far better than a lower order biffer and he's batting #6. Is he a bowling allrounder, balanced allrounder or having a great game?

Good to see Thorn Parkes in the runs again. Looks a quality player.

Edit - Keene is only 21. Well, that's exciting. I thought he was a 28 year old medium fast bowler who had to wait in the Auckland talent line for some reason. 21 with some allround talent can be nutured if NZC try.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Can someone explain Simon Keene to me? I thought he was a bowler, but his highlights make him look far better than a lower order biffer and he's batting #6. Is he a bowling allrounder, balanced allrounder or having a great game?
Based on U19s, which is all can base him on before playing senior provincial cricket. Batting allrounder who had a weirdly (incredibly) good first few FC gamers with the ball. And in List A actually, IIRC.

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Parkes currently on 87* but with Otago 9 down. Hope he can can get the three figures this time. Both he and Mitch Hay have racked up a number of 50s in their short careers so far without converting one.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the NZC page for Otago's 2nd innings, the little thumbnails down the RHS really give you some perspective on how bad the light was when Otago lost 4 wickets for bugger all last night.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
This will no doubt bring about the meme jinx dismissal but how good would it be for the youngsters if Abbas and Tashkoff took Wellington home here. 4 RPO to get and Wellington have quite a long tail.

I didn't even finish typing this post and Tashkoff got out. Sorry dude. Edit: looking at the dismissal....that was pretty rookie.

Howsie

International Captain
Woah, a lot of love for Davey here. I mean good on him can’t sneeze at a 10fer but there is a reason he’s only played half a dozen first class games in a decade

NZTailender

Woah, a lot of love for Davey here. I mean good on him can’t sneeze at a 10fer but there is a reason he’s only played half a dozen first class games in a decade
That's why I used the caveat of optimistically. I would hope all domestic seamers could undergo a Ryan Harris-esque transformation and international impact in their late 20s, but that's just me.

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Did Davey go to Canterbury to try and get more cricket as I don't think he ever played for ND or was it for outside of cricket career reasons

Ghost

U19 12th Man
This will no doubt bring about the meme jinx dismissal but how good would it be for the youngsters if Abbas and Tashkoff took Wellington home here. 4 RPO to get and Wellington have quite a long tail.

I didn't even finish typing this post and Tashkoff got out. Sorry dude. Edit: looking at the dismissal....that was pretty rookie.
I think it would be just as good if Abbas can bat through with the tail to hold out for a draw

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I reckon if Popli passes 41, then he'll beat McConchie for being the PS season top run scorer this season (as Bruce now out of it as will miss the re-scheduled CD game). To be immortalised in the honours board at NZC HQ wikipedia page created by a fan , forever ...

He's currently on 32 ....

Flem274*

123/5
Even when he gets out the ball after I post this, Abbas is on a ****ing tear again in a dire situation for Wellington.

Kid is being very impressive. Keep going son.

Pains me to say it but Wellington have a lot of the most promising and fun players these days. Conway, Blundell, Smith, Ravindra, Sears, Milne and now Abbas. Haven't seen much of MacLachlan but that was a cool achievement in the first innings. There's a few others I've barely seen like Severin but cool to see him start well.

A far cry from Jamie Siddons driving away anyone under 40 from Wellington itself. What a fraud he was.

NZTailender

Posted in the wrong thread like an eedjit

Abbas out, that's a shame, done so much hard work this innings.

That said, Davey isn't by any means fast but he seemed to be beaten for pace there? Or with the camera angle am I not picking up on seam movement or an inside edge?

Edit: spark'd, but will leave as Bahnz replied

NZTailender

Even when he gets out the ball after I post this, Abbas is on a ****ing tear again in a dire situation for Wellington.

Kid is being very impressive. Keep going son.

Pains me to say it but Wellington have a lot of the most promising and fun players these days. Conway, Blundell, Smith, Ravindra, Sears, Milne and now Abbas. Haven't seen much of MacLachlan but that was a cool achievement in the first innings. There's a few others I've barely seen like Severin but cool to see him start well.

A far cry from Jamie Siddons driving away anyone under 40 from Wellington itself. What a fraud he was.
Pity that playing for wellington inherently sets them back from being selected.

Wellington should just relabel itself Christchurch Mk II to get their players into the national setup on a permanent basis.