• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Does Foxcroft now have to do three years again? Will he get an exemption with the years he did before covid as counted?

OnTheBank

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It looks like he has been quite careful with any cricket he has played. I'm sure he could have rolled into one of the SA domestic teams, but decided against it to give himself the best possible shot of an ICC exemption.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Not the best of the time in this round so far for Kiwis plying their trade in county

Jacob Duffy (Hit by Surrey Bazball)

Will Williams

Glenn Phillips 19(49) and

Flem274*

123/5
Good decision for him tbh. He will take a million wickets over there but he will never play for NZ because slow and he's 29, so he's getting into the danger zone for bowling injuries.

DougieRydal

Zak Foulkes has signed for a stint in Brisbane Grade cricket...

Also T20MAX! - Martin Crowe lives on...

1660770203007.png

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lovely ground, Wynnum-Manly. Played there about 10 years ago.

The question about that post is when is this for?

Just looked up the KFCT20MAX schedule and it seems to be for Aug and September so I assume Foulkes comes back to NZ after that.

DougieRydal

Lovely ground, Wynnum-Manly. Played there about 10 years ago.

The question about that post is when is this for?

Just looked up the KFCT20MAX schedule and it seems to be for Aug and September so I assume Foulkes comes back to NZ after that.
Yeah I'd say so, he has Canterbury contract. I first wondered if he was giving that up, but then as you say it's prior to the start of the NZ season, so looks to be a great opportunity to play some cricket before his season starts here.

HeathDavisSpeed

I see some of the FC team sheets are coming out now. Wellington with at least one new cap, I'd suggest

Blundell, Georgeson, Greenwood, Dave Hancock, Hartshorn, T Johnson, N Kelly, Adam Leonard, McPeake, Ravindra, Robinson, Snedden, Vishvaka

13 players there and bugger all experience in the bowling. Must mean that Hancock and Leonard are in? Sneddon is a whole load of meh.

Nathan Smith and Sears are both injured (back and abdominal respectively) van Beek and Milne at the T20 world cup.

Line-up expectation?

Ravindra
Vishvaka/Georgeson
Georgeson/Vishvaka
Johnson
Robinson
Kelly
Blundell
Leonard
McPeake
Hartshorn
Hancock

Bench: Snedden, Greenwood

HeathDavisSpeed

Who's Wellington's main coach for the men this season?

Also, who picked up the additional couple of contracts for each of the teams? I can't seem to find that information to hand.

ataraxia

International Coach
That's a pretty horrible pace line-up lol. Where's Newton? I like the look of the batting but it's still pretty weak; this side selected is definitely a cut below all others bar Otago. Also lol at going from ~∞ all-rounders to one, in a 13-man squad.

FC coach is Bruce Edgar, LO is Watling.

HeathDavisSpeed

That's a pretty horrible pace line-up lol. Where's Newton? I like the look of the batting but it's still pretty weak; this side selected is definitely a cut below all others bar Otago. Also lol at going from ~∞ all-rounders to one, in a 13-man squad.

Ah yes. Thanks for that!

Newton's at the birth of his 2nd child, so should be back soon.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Heath may know better than me but I think Georgeson is a genuine allrounder at club level and has just not bowled much for Wellington because of how many other bowling options they usually take into games, so I'd say they have two. Definitely seemed to bowl a fair bit at Under 19 level.