• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

Mike5181

International Captain
So much for Rachin being impermeable to blackcap quicks.

Seriously, I could get how Ferguson could be on the outer when we had KJ, Boult and prime-Wagner in the XI, but the fact that Kuggeleijn is in the squad ahead of him is objectively an absolute disgrace.
Yeah, I don't get the point of him playing red ball games for Auckland. With important white ball games coming up this year he should should either be in the test XI or nothing in that format. Just unnecessary risk, everyone should know he's test standard already. He has nothing to prove at first-class level.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I don't get the point of him playing red ball games for Auckland. With important white ball games coming up this year he should should either be in the test XI or nothing in that format. Just unnecessary risk, everyone should know he's test standard already. He has nothing to prove at first-class level.
I guess he has to prove he can get through them if he wants to be available. Which his participation in the PS tells me he is, which is great news. You can't pick Lockie Ferguson for a Test match when he's only played one (which he didn't get through) and has played very little if any four-day cricket in the past couple of years.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Even if he only bowls a max of 10 overs a day in Bangladesh, with spinners, Southee, and hopefully Jamieson doing the rest, Ferguson could be very handy in Bangladesh.

If he can do 18 overs a day in NZ conditions, he'd also give us a weapon vs SA and Aus.

thierry henry

International Coach
Doesn't he need to prove his fitness i.e. his physical capacity to play long-form cricket? I interpret his 3-year absence from Plunket Shield as being (among other things, yes) due to him either not being fit to play it, or being at enough risk of breaking down that it was not worth him playing it. I understand not taking undue risk but surely he needs to establish that he's actually likely to get through a test without being injured?

Binkley

U19 Captain
Hmmmm. It doesn’t look like Lochie Ferguson has bowled any overs today. I hope that doesn’t mean he has an injury.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
With a new ball just around the corner in the Wellington game I would tend to think nah, but CD in with a real shout, especially as long as Bruce stays there.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmmm. It doesn’t look like Lochie Ferguson has bowled any overs today. I hope that doesn’t mean he has an injury.
Could just be that they're saving him for a new ball burst given how many overs he bowled on days 2 and 3. I guess we'll find out in a moment.

Edit: and yep he's bowling now. His participation in this game might well come with some kind of agreement from the blackcaps coaching staff about how many overs he's allowed to bowl in a day.

Last edited:

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Cricinfo doesn't even have a DOB loaded for Abbas. Wondering if there's been a first class 100 by someone as young as him for some time in NZ