• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
The good old jolly fella Billy sent our firebirds openers packing with a good spell I think :p Rachin's was definitely off the thigh pad it looks like but highly likely Gerogeson's was probably not hitting the bat as well. Damn.... I thought it would be a good chase considering Aces declared charitably on this deck.

The Auckland boys are awesome at appealing particularly Lockie. Have to say both were good balls too. Billy gives it a while walks up to the stumps and lifts his crooked finger :laugh:

Rachin will be docked a game for showing dissent if it were international I think :p

Last edited:

nzfan

Santner is bowling much slower and has a lovely dip going I see. It does make a difference when you are out of the side I guess. You get time to work on your skills and also try few things out without the pressure of massive viewers/commentators.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Might be a nice time for a Test in Ireland alongside a few ODIs to help in the run up to the World Cup.
We are apparently scheduled for a test v Afghanistan next year (if it goes ahead), prior to 2 tests in SL and 3 in India.

I can see us doing terribly in the next WTC with Bangladesh (2), Sri Lanka (2), and India (3) as away series and Australia (2), South Africa (2), and England (3) as home series.

A couple of new batters will probably have to debut/come in against Australian and Saffa attacks. The next coach could be on a hiding to nothing.

nzfan

Dale Phillips over run GP to take a terrific catch. So the younger Phillips is quicker than the older, that's saying something.

nzfan

Troy Johnson really seems to have the batting yips at the moment. Only score 3 from two innings for Wellington A. Last year I was thinking he might be inline for a Blacks Caps ODI call up given his Ford Trophy form.
Yeah what a shame really.... I thought he'd be captaining the red ball team too this year but he has lost form quite evidently. I'm sure he's better than what the scores show but hasn't got going in the A side or for his club. I do think they should have carried on playing him. Batting is such a thing sometimes it just go so awry. Anything you do will get you out, leave and you'll be bowled or lbw, hit from the middle of the bat and you get caught by a blinder. There is no way out of it, you have to go through it and apparently for no reason you will score runs batting **** as well. When it goes right, it does go really right and when it starts to go wrong there's absolutely nothing you can ever do.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So much for Rachin being impermeable to blackcap quicks.

Seriously, I could get how Ferguson could be on the outer when we had KJ, Boult and prime-Wagner in the XI, but the fact that Kuggeleijn is in the squad ahead of him is objectively an absolute disgrace.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The good old jolly fella Billy sent our firebirds openers packing with a good spell I think :p Rachin's was definitely off the thigh pad it looks like but highly likely Gerogeson's was probably not hitting the bat as well. Damn.... I thought it would be a good chase considering Aces declared charitably on this deck.

The Auckland boys are awesome at appealing particularly Lockie. Have to say both were good balls too. Billy gives it a while walks up to the stumps and lifts his crooked finger :laugh:

Rachin will be docked a game for showing dissent if it were international I think :p
Haha, he should be, that’s about as bad as it gets short of actually swearing at the umpire. That’s the reaction of a man who knows he doesn’t get dismissed by international hacks.

nzfan

Seriously, I could get how Ferguson could be on the outer when we had KJ, Boult and prime-Wagner in the XI, but the fact that Kuggeleijn is in the squad ahead of him is objectively an absolute disgrace.
Yup I hate seeing Lockie wasted in a domestic game when he could easily be playing for black caps. That's such a waste

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of 30-32 years olds, at what stage do we start taking McConchie seriously for his FC batting exploits this year?

1678170925682.png

Last edited:

nzfan

Speaking of 30-32 years olds, at what stage do we started taking McConchie seriously for his FC batting exploits this year?

View attachment 34985
Right now...I think he deserves more than anyone to be slotted into the middle order if there was a spot. Has had more than couple of years of very good first class stats. I think he should probably be ahead of Phillips, Chapman, Ravindra or Foxcroft. As much as I'm for the youth I think Cole deserves a spot even more than Darryl Mitchell did. I wish he was bowling a bit more though.

Strangely they picked bowes for the last A tour but not Cole.

Flem274*

123/5
He clean bowled H Rudd this round.

I'm low key a McConchie supporter because I've enjoyed following his batting numbers improvement over 5-6 seasons and another Grant Elliott/CdG/Daryl Mitchell style coming good of a midlister would be fun.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Very odd umpiring from Bowden to wander slowly up to the stumps and then belatedly raise the crooked finger, almost because Auckland was already celebrating and he didn't want to disappoint them.

I think Georgeson almost certainly edged it though. Whereas Rachin's was thigh pad rather than bat, though an understandable one to not pick up in real time. Apart from not being out, Rachin has to be disappointed in the number of 20s and 30s he's made lately.

Also, Lockie ? .

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

I've probably been the most vocal on here in wanting Ferguson in the NZ test side, but if the reason they didn't pick him over the last 4-5 years was injury risk, then that really is independent of bowling quality. I still disagree with it, but it's at least arguable.

Anyway now he's played one FC match, I'm wishing just a mild kolon infection to one of NZ's bowlers so that Ferguson is parachuted into tomorrow's NZ XI.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Terrible Plunket Shield with the bat so far for Cleaver and Seifert, while this is Cam Fletcher's first PS match of the season.