• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2021/22***

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Impressive 100 today by Jock McKenzie for NZ Dev coming in at 7 in the 33rd over and bringing up his 100 in the 48th. Is there any real chance he’ll continue with cricket or. will he take the Jordie Barrett and Kaylum Boshier route and go with rugby? Jesse Tashkoff also putting in a string of very consistent performances with both bat and ball. Seems to be an actual proper all rounder.

ataraxia

International Coach
What a stupid game lol. All the boundaries meant there was no way of getting through 58 overs, and play was called off for bad light at 7.40pm with 9 overs to spare.

Macewell hit 93 (42), but Wellington were still 43 runs behind on DLS. Not a game for the bowlers. Rematch tomorrow, 450 on the cards?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Pukekura is the absolute meme NZ ground, and for anyone who's watched cricket there - it is an absolute treat. ****ed if I'd want to bowl there, however. Finn Allen might get 200 there one day

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Been a good round of the FT for fans of domestice PAAAAAAACE.

Ferguson back and knocking out stumps, Fisher improving his good List A start even more with a 4-fer. Kuggeleijn and Milne back, Field getting a round also for CD.

Sears also playing but now bowled yet today.

Would be the fastest round of domestics for a while. Probably since searly 2010s when Milne, Kugg and Ferg were young and Bennett and McCelnagahan were still fast..

vandem

International 12th Man
Some witless batting from ND today. I assume they were chasing bonus point win and NRR improvement to try and get ahead of Wellington (and hope Auckland lose mid-week), but when Seifert was 40 (40) they were 2-80 and cruising towards 120 (DLS) for the win ... just needed the new batters to take singles to feed the strike to Seifert (AND NOT RUN HIM OUT).

Kuggs stare when #10 Joe Walker tried to hit the winning boundary off his 3rd ball is good.

Edit, and now Otago win.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Good story on Otago cricket website about Neil Broom career and upcoming retirement:
Nice article and interesting to see some of the old names who influenced him through his career. Broom was in the NZ under 19 WC side with Ryder and Taylor 20 years ago. Him and Taylor must be about the last from that generation still going. I think he could have been persisted with for longer when he was in the ODI side and must have come close to making the test team in 2011 when Dean Brownlie got the nod. I'm glad he did get a test cap against South Africa on their last tour here. A real stalwart of NZ cricket.

vandem

International 12th Man
What’s with the approach to this chase by CD? Is it to do with NRR?
I don't think anything was riding on NRR in the CD game. My understanding is:

Not all teams will play 10 games (Auck and Otago only 9), so average points per game will decide finalists, then NRR.

CD had already qualified for the final, and have the best NRR by a large margin, and even if losing today and mid-week would have been top qualifier unless Auckland had 2 wins in their 2 mid week games. But they won today, so are now are top qualifier.

Auckland will be in the final if they win 1 of their 2 mid week games (they play Otago and CD). Otherwise Wellington (currently 3rd) sneak in.

ND needed a big bonus point win and a big loss for Wellington today to nudge ahead of Wellington on NRR (I didn't do the maths, perhaps it wasn't even possible). They failed.

nzfan

Nice article and interesting to see some of the old names who influenced him through his career. Broom was in the NZ under 19 WC side with Ryder and Taylor 20 years ago. Him and Taylor must be about the last from that generation still going. I think he could have been persisted with for longer when he was in the ODI side and must have come close to making the test team in 2011 when Dean Brownlie got the nod. I'm glad he did get a test cap against South Africa on their last tour here. A real stalwart of NZ cricket.
Broom was a very good quality player. Unfortunately missed out on more chances to play for the black caps. I think he got better in the last few years. He's fit enough to probably keep playing for another 2-3 years. Otago will miss him dearly.

nzfan

Santner getting out a rank long hop from Rippon, one for ages.

Rippon has burgled many a wickets like that from recent memory.