• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2021/22***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Phenomenal ton by Satterthwaite in the women's game this afternoon. So good to watch when she's in that form.

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Phenomenal ton by Satterthwaite in the women's game this afternoon. So good to watch when she's in that form.
Agree it was a great knock. I only recall her miss hitting one delivery that still went for 4.

Last edited:

Binkley

U19 Captain
Adam Milne is bowling beautifully for CD vs Auckland. An ocean of calm amidst a blitz from Phillips and O’Donnell, and he made Martin Guptill look like an old man who hasn’t picked up a cricket bat in 20 years.

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Adam Milne is bowling beautifully for CD vs Auckland. An ocean of calm amidst a blitz from Phillips and O’Donnell, and he made Martin Guptill look like an old man who hasn’t picked up a cricket bat in 20 years.
Yes he did, such a shame he's been injured so much.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Been saying for ages that Latham is an absolute gun in T20, I reckon he'd have a good IPL gig if NZC ever opened their eyes

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Henry Shipley has been taking T20 wuckets like crazy since Flem pointed out he must have the worse List A and T20 bowling averages in the world.

I'm not even trolling Flem here. It was true.

Hes taken 10 wickets in his last 4 T20 games.

Flem274*

123/5
Henry Shipley has been taking T20 wuckets like crazy since Flem pointed out he must have the worse List A and T20 bowling averages in the world.

I'm not even trolling Flem here. It was true.

Hes taken 10 wickets in his last 4 T20 games.
if there's anyone in particular you need me to trash talk into being good, just say their name

jcas0167

International Debutant
Rugby players make the best cricketers, much like YouTubers make the best boxers.
I think Read, Jordan and Jordie Barrett would have been Black Caps for sure. Even McCaw's left arm mediums
looked handy. Great to see Parore still sharp behind the stumps, Bond charging in and Oram play some vintage shots. The camaraderie of the guys who played under Fleming was nice to see.

I see Dale Phillips dominated a reasonable Canterbury attack. Is he likely to follow in Glenn's footsteps to the Black Caps?

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
I think Read, Jordan and Jordie Barrett would have been Black Caps for sure. Even McCaw's left arm mediums
looked handy. Great to see Parore still sharp behind the stumps, Bond charging in and Oram play some vintage shots. The cameraderie of the guys who played under Fleming was nice to see.

I see Dale Phillips dominated a reasonable Canterbury attack. Is he likely to follow in Glenn's footsteps to the Black Caps?
Izzie Dagg would have played for the Black Caps too. I also think Carter was a good young cricketer but he gave it up to concentrate on rugby early on.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Gee, must have been a lot of double All Blacks back in the amateur days then when they could play both.

But there weren't.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Gee, must have been a lot of double All Blacks back in the amateur days then when they could play both.

But there weren't.
Was it that realistic even in the amateur days? Jeff Wilson only got to play ODI's for NZ when he was 19. He was picked for the All Blacks later that year and largely had to give away top cricket.

In the examples above, I think it's realistic to think those players could at least have played at first class level given their youth performances. Read was in the NZ under 17 side and missed the under 19 tournament with a rugby injury at 18 then committed to rugby. With his dedication it's not hard to imagine him reaching the top. Dagg was clocked at 140kph at age 16 and impressed the touring Australians in 2005. That is exceptional and it's not hard to imagine someone with that ability playing for NZ given Milne was picked at 18 after bowling at 145kph.