• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season 2021/22***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The rate at which Finn Allen is going in white ball cricket, he'll push Seifert out.
Not as a keeper he won’t.

Wags and Southee getting owned by Worker and ****n Guptill. Dudes should hang their heads in shame.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good game for Sommers Sommerville. Will be interesting to see if the selectors have binned him after his execrable showing in India, or whether they’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk his efforts up to lockdown ruining his preparation.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting choice by ND to leave bowling Walker so late in the act. I guess they figured if their Black Caps couldn’t get the job done then no one could, but with Auckland picking up so many wickets through spin you’d have figured they would’ve given him the chance to roll his arm over before the target was down to below 60.

vandem

International 12th Man
Intriguing last couple of sessions coming up with Auckland needing just under 200. There's turn in the pitch. Santner has had reasonable time with the bat in the last few games, can he bag a few wickets today on a last day pitch with good turn in it?
Appears that ND have gone back to being scared of using Joe Walker when defending a low 4th innings again. He didn't get a bowl at the Mount when Canty scored 8-229 to win, and didn't get a bowl here until Auck 3-137. Not sure if it is captain or coach making the call, but seems very passive to me to keep rotating the seamers as your opponents grind their way to a win.

Edit - was writing my post at the same time as Bahnz ....

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Walker comes in and Robbie has a mighty swing at it and gone. Horne follows. This game isn't over yet.

You'd expect ND to use Santner up front though. He's the one with the experience. Almost fell sorry for him. Chappy is a good player of spin and he took fair bit of strike and scored as well.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, wtf? Only thing I can think of is the umpires must’ve told them “you’ve got this over to finish it or we’re going off” and the wicket delay meant the had to call time.

KJ and Chapman are still just sitting by the stumps, refusing to go off. Amazing.

vandem

International 12th Man
Well deserved win to Auck. ND 2 games of 3 played have failed to convert a first innings lead into a win.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Appears that ND have gone back to being scared of using Joe Walker when defending a low 4th innings again. He didn't get a bowl at the Mount when Canty scored 8-229 to win, and didn't get a bowl here until Auck 3-137. Not sure if it is captain or coach making the call, but seems very passive to me to keep rotating the seamers as your opponents grind their way to a win.

Edit - was writing my post at the same time as Bahnz ....
And they sat Sodhi out. Can't figure why? He's been among wickets for ND.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And they sat Sodhi out. Can't figure why? He's been among wickets for ND.
yeah, in most recent seasons Sodhi’s had few troubles picking up bags in FC cricket. But I guess it’s just too big a gamble to pick 3 spinners in a plunket game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yeah, in most recent seasons Sodhi’s had few troubles picking up bags in FC cricket. But I guess it’s just too big a gamble to pick 3 spinners in a plunket game.
Seems weird he'd be behind Walker though. I guess turning it the same way as Santner would've counted against him.

ataraxia

International Coach
So probably

Renwick
Cumming
Phillips
Kelly*
Parkes
Rippon
Chu +
McKenzie
Muller
Gibson
Duffy

McKay

No Kitchen; he's transitioned into being more of a bowling all-rounder and hasn't had a big score for a long time. He might still play the PS on a drier pitch than early Feb. Also see Broom's retiring at the end of the season.