• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That is gold. Funnily enough, in the highlights of the '85 series Bracewell was interviewed about his 83 at the SCG where he swept everything. Bracewell was a last minute replacement and missed Turner's team talk advising the players to be careful about sweeping.
I remember reading in someone's book, memory tells me Parore's that Turner was still espousing the no sweep policy into the mid 90s as well, but 'Maverick' and Player X didn't care enough to listen, and apparently scored the majority of the runs in India.

I similarly ignored the same advice in English club cricket to my detriment. Man, those umpires didn't like it when you swept, and they'd shoot you out lbw under any circumstances to show it

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just quickly on the women's Super Smash - why haven't we made an effort to bring over some star Australian/international players from the recently-completed WBBL?

That tournament seems to have been a massive success. We had lots of it on TV here, and I'm sure heaps of kids etc have been watching it. Maybe we could have tried to join in on that momentum?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just quickly on the women's Super Smash - why haven't we made an effort to bring over some star Australian/international players from the recently-completed WBBL?

That tournament seems to have been a massive success. We had lots of it on TV here, and I'm sure heaps of kids etc have been watching it. Maybe we could have tried to join in on that momentum?
Yes good idea but maybe still a bit of a paddling pool over here for a Bates or Devine to sell it to a teammate as a legitimately beneficial use of their time, I suppose.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
ND vs. CD at Seddon Park is often quite good. With any luck it might be on the faster Patamahoe half of their pitch block.

Remember, rapid ND bowlers, if you somehow knock over the Workers and Cleavers cheaply this time, you must keep testing Clarkson with this short stuff. It's for everyone's long-term benefit. I want Kuggs to bowl himself off his feet like Sears does, if need be.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Remember, rapid ND bowlers
Down to one. Fisher out, Randell in.

A pity Auckland can't loan Finn Allen in such an unusual season, where Guptill and Munro will play ten domestic T20 games. Allen could brighten up this top 5 a little.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sort of played the anti-Howsie cards to get this result, ND. Put forward a used, slow and holding wicket, picked the Nathan Smith of their squad (Randell) over Fisher. Always good to get an indication of how many of CD's bats are skewed in talent towards having pace on, a bit lacking in deftness and dink.

ataraxia

International Coach
Conners and Neesh realising that Foxcroft has some blubber so they decide to pierce a different gap...

_Ed_

Yeah, that's an underwhelming score from such a strong platform. Excellent final over by Duffy.

_Ed_

This is too easy. Firebirds needed another 20+.

EDIT: I may have spoken slightly too soon, but surely they'll still get there. Surely.

EDIT 2: Holy ****. :laugh:

Last edited: