• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2016/17

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Record 5th wicket partnership for Canterbury v Auckland of 183 between McClure and Ellis. Glenn Phillips bowling a couple of overs on debut. I'll be interested to see how Munro goes when Akl bat.
Ken McClure has taken pretty well to FC cricket - only 22 and has 800 runs at 42 so far. Hit some nice boundaries in that 92 yesterday, a few loose flirts outside off though otherwise looks quite compact.

That googly to get Young was a beaut. Seems like he's really got the hang of domestix. Now the question is whether he can take it to the next level.
The Sodhi googly #ThingsThatOnlyWorkOnInternationalTailendersAndAspiringNzTopOrderBatsmen

But yeah he's definitely bowling much more consistently now and for those that can't pick his googly it's quite a weapon.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Well deserved, he is a gun. His T20 stats, especially at international level, are epic. He'll become a fan favourite over there.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Agree well deserved.
Who knows, if in the right place at right time it can lead to full county contract.

Wishing for the best for Ish. Impressed with his progress, he is getting good overseas opportunities now and therefore the scattergun selections of Larsen shouldn't hold him back. His career will outlast Larsen by about a decade, so he needs to keep working and then the opportunities will come.

Mike5181

International Captain
It was a little worrying that the Big Bash had to rejuvenate his love for the game. Speaks volumes about how **** our man management is.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree well deserved.
Who knows, if in the right place at right time it can lead to full county contract.

Wishing for the best for Ish. Impressed with his progress, he is getting good overseas opportunities now and therefore the scattergun selections of Larsen shouldn't hold him back. His career will outlast Larsen by about a decade, so he needs to keep working and then the opportunities will come.
A full county contract would be great for Ish (so long as he doesn't become a localised player, although has Brexit shut that door?) I'd love to think he's picked in all three formats permanently by the end of next year leading into the World Cup.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A shame this round has been pretty much ruined by weather.

Ruined apart from for Wellington that is, who bowled Otago out for 98 and now have them 68/5 following on. Bracewell and Broom have made double figures twice, Rippon once, and everyone else just single figures.

Immenso

Interesting that RO'D is opening for Auckland, even though Phillips is playing.

I have/had no idea if Phillips opens normally in red ball cricket. Does he open in red ball club cricket for How-Pak?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that RO'D is opening for Auckland, even though Phillips is playing.

I have/had no idea if Phillips opens normally in red ball cricket. Does he open in red ball club cricket for How-Pak?
Yeah he'd sometimes open ahead of Andrew de Boorder for How-Pak, also had good success at No. 3 in English club cricket. That success could always be due to poor catching behind the wicket though, for all I know.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A shame this round has been pretty much ruined by weather.

Ruined apart from for Wellington that is, who bowled Otago out for 98 and now have them 68/5 following on. Bracewell and Broom have made double figures twice, Rippon once, and everyone else just single figures.
Yeah, great match-saving effort by Wells and Smith after this.

Tomorrow if I get a chance I might do FC averages for the year for PONIs, especially with Taylor probably out of the SA series.

Immenso

Pretty bizarre field at times in Auck v Cant. 5 slips.

Suppose, in a 1 innings each match it is all about those bonus points. Want 10 wickets in 100 overs or whatever the threshold is.

Immenso

4 wickets which his googly for Astle.

Horne showed a good array of attacking shots in his 90. Can score 360 degrees.

Immenso

7 rounds in; and 5 of the top 8 wicket takers are spinners.

And this time it's not because they tend to stay uninjured while others break like glass. As they've almost all missed a few rounds each.

Chubb

International Regular
In the North Otago second grade semi-final of 2011, the much-vaunted Valley top order subsided to 20-3 against an unfancied Albion, including a second-ball duck for their English number 3 who pretentiously batted in an Essex jersey. Valley were rescued by a 200-run partnership between the former coach of the North Otago heartland rugby team (100) and Nathan Smith (80) and went on to a convincing victory. From memory Smith took 4 wickets in the Albion innings although he also swore at the English player who was keeping wicket and dropped a simple catch off his bowling. #memories #thosewerethedays

Immenso

With Taylor injured. The reason for Guptill not playing this round and getting some game time in the middle order (as Hesson said he needed to do) is very interesting.

I assume his hammy is not up to a long innings.

Either way, I reckon that rules him out. Between Munro and Bruce.